PDA

View Full Version : SpyderLovers Meet in Daytona!-Updated

Lamonster
12-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Update-

SpyderLovers meet at the Hess gas station around 11am on Sat. 2-28-09 and the following Sat. 3-7-09 at the same time. I looked it up on the map but I think they have it wrong. If you get off of 95 onto International Speedway Blvd. (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=ilG&ei=f7CRScPQI9CCtweilaTXCw&resnum=1&q=speedway%20blvd&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl) and head east the Hess station will be on the right (south) just before you get to the race track.

From there we can head over to the Cam Am Spyder tent at the race track and if you like we can take a little ride over to Corbin (http://www.corbin.com/ormond.shtml) in Ormond Beach and then to Rossmeyers (http://www.brucerossmeyer.com/) Harley where most of the action is and No Magic Neon (http://www.nomagicneon.com/spyderbike.html) is setup.

Hope to see you all there. :doorag:

sleepman
12-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Well my last trip to bikeweek ended up costing me 15k, that's when I decided I had to have a Spyder. But I'd be up for whatever everyone decides. I'm not too far away and the in-laws are local so I can make it up pretty much any day that week. :2thumbs:

mike3069
12-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Count me in!

Magic Man
12-30-2008, 10:57 AM
We'll be there set up at Rossmeyer's Destination Daytona off exit 273 of I 95. If you're there stop by and see us.

Depending on when you all get together we'll try to come if we can get free.

MM

docdoru
12-30-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm pretty sure BRP will be at the Race Track ...

I'm ready! :popcorn:

LittleJohn
12-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Guess it's not too early to start making plans. I'm pretty sure BRP will be at the Race Track and maybe I can get them to do something special for us if we get a good size group of SpyderLovers to show up on a certain day.

So who's in? :dontknow::popcorn:
I will arive there with a roup of friends the evening of the third, and be leaving the morning of the 7th. If I can make anything planned, I would love to meet a few of you!!!

LittleJohn
12-30-2008, 01:34 PM
We'll be there set up at Rossmeyers Destination Daytona off exit 273 of I 95. If your there stop by and see us.

MM
I may have to stop by and see what kind of bikeweek specials youll be runnin!!!! LOL

babyanlee
12-30-2008, 05:46 PM
We'll be there set up at Rossmeyers Destination Daytona off exit 273 of I 95. If your there stop by and see us.

MM

Glad to know where you'll be - need lights have been putting off until Bikeweek:clap:

effgjamis
12-30-2008, 08:59 PM
I am in.... looking forward to meet all other :spyder:.

Name the day, time, place.

LDFIREWORKS
12-30-2008, 09:24 PM
I LIVE LOCAL I WILL BE THERE FOR SURE, IF I CAN HELP ANONE WITH ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW SINCE I LIVE ABOUT 7 MILES FROM THE RACE TRACK, I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO DO WHAT EVER I CAN CANT WAIT TO MEET YOU ALLwelcomewelcome:yes::yes::yes:

Cundiffla
12-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Keep me posted... I like to be there

:spyder:

Star Cruiser
12-31-2008, 03:04 AM
Guess it's not too early to start making plans. I'm pretty sure BRP will be at the Race Track and maybe I can get them to do something special for us if we get a good size group of SpyderLovers to show up on a certain day.

I am thinking a heat lamp up front and I could melt the snow in front of me until I got down south of PA somewhere. It will have to be at least April/May before I can venture out on any kind of Road Trip. Will probably have to make Americade my first one this year

sleepman
12-31-2008, 05:01 AM
I LIVE LOCAL I WILL BE THERE FOR SURE, IF I CAN HELP ANONE WITH ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW SINCE I LIVE ABOUT 7 MILES FROM THE RACE TRACK, I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO DO WHAT EVER I CAN CANT WAIT TO MEET YOU ALLwelcomewelcome:yes::yes::yes:

Alright LDFIREWORKS has volunteered his yard as the official Spyderlovers campground. :2thumbs::joke:

spyderbob
12-31-2008, 05:45 AM
We live in Deland FL 20 minutes from Daytona will be there also would love to meet up for a ride.

effgjamis
12-31-2008, 04:40 PM

How about some recomendation on local motel in which we can all meet and /or stay a day or two...

barb36jack31
01-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Count me in!!

Jack H.

5280 spyderman
01-05-2009, 08:29 PM
I will be leaving from Denver on Saturday the 28th of February. I will be riding south and then east (the trip will take 4 days each way) and looking for some company along the way. Plan on ariving in Daytona tuesday evening. Come along for the ride.

gjco
01-05-2009, 11:40 PM
are you riding your spyder 5280spyderman? Or are you trailing it or just going by car?

RocketLady
01-06-2009, 11:22 AM
DAYTONA BIKE WEEK is Feb 27 to March 8th.
RocketMan & RocketLady will also be there ! Looking forward to a Spyder Ryde together.

tatt2r
01-06-2009, 11:26 AM
i want to go too .... too many bills right now to leave .... i could have if ******** came through with my $250,000.00 loan .... but no ...some pal he is ....:coffee:

bjt
01-06-2009, 01:35 PM
i want to go too .... too many bills right now to leave .... i could have if ******** came through with my $250,000.00 loan .... but no ...some pal he is ....:coffee:

You mean bailout, right? :D

tatt2r
01-06-2009, 04:56 PM
You mean bailout, right? :D

Yes

chasbadger
01-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Ok lets pick a day. I don't know about you others but I have to work during the week so maybe a Saturday or Sunday, maybe the first weekend or the last Saturday The last Sunday everyone is packing to go home. let's keep in touch so all of us can go and meet in a chosen spot. Hope to see a lot of you there whenever.

sleepman
01-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Ok lets pick a day. Most of us has to work during the week so a Saturday or Sunday maybe the first weekend or the last Saturday let's keep in touch so all of us can do and meet in a chosen spot.

I'll vote for the first Saturday. I'll probably head up on Friday so if anyone wants to do a little riding that day I'd be in also.

LDFIREWORKS
01-06-2009, 07:56 PM
first sat.works great, everything will be going on by then we need to think about where to meet, a good place maybe near jp cycles that is where nmn will be set up see what you guys and gals think ????????:2excited::spyder::spyder::spyder:

effgjamis
01-07-2009, 12:59 AM
first sat.works great, everything will be going on by then we need to think about where to meet, a good place maybe near jp cycles that is where nmn will be set up see what you guys and gals think ????????:2excited::spyder::spyder::spyder:

Mind giving the address of JP cycles??

Also, a close Motel?

thanks

effgjamis
01-07-2009, 01:00 AM
I'll vote for the first Saturday. I'll probably head up on Friday so if anyone wants to do a little riding that day I'd be in also.

If you would like, we can meet close to where I am and ryde over to the coast.

Magic Man
01-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Mind giving the address of JP cycles??

Also, a close Motel?

thanks

J&P Cycles is off Exit 273 of I95 right behind Rossmyers Destination Daytona Harley.

There are several hotels right across the street. However these tend to be big $$$$ during bike week and book up fast if not already.

MM

effgjamis
01-07-2009, 07:38 AM
thanks magic..

Monique
01-07-2009, 09:51 AM
I will be there for the first two days only.
Looking forward to seeing as many SpyderLovers as possible :2thumbs:
Monique

LDFIREWORKS
01-07-2009, 10:22 PM
how about if we meet sat @jp cycles thats where nmn [evan and crew ] will be set up selling there goods let me know what you think??????:2thumbs:

sleepman
01-08-2009, 05:06 AM
how about if we meet sat @jp cycles thats where nmn [evan and crew ] will be set up selling there goods let me know what you think??????:2thumbs:

Just my .02 cents but I would suggest that we meet up somewhere outside of town for a quick meet and greet and then we can all ryde into Destination on our own. If you've never been there Destination Daytona where JP Cycles is gets incredibly congested. It's gonna be hard to find each other if we're not with our Spyders and the parking areas out there are away from the vendors.

LDFIREWORKS
01-08-2009, 08:31 AM
i am such you are very right that idea was me talking without thinking great idea:2excited::spyder::yes:

Lamonster
01-08-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm thinking maybe the Hess gas station near the race track. Then we could roll over to the Can Am tent

LDFIREWORKS
01-08-2009, 06:59 PM
that is a great spot why did i not think of that first your the man

annieleilani
01-09-2009, 06:54 AM

I'm in - let me know when!

spyderbob
01-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Good luck with BRP when we were over for Biketoberfest we were on our way to the track to check out their tent as we were waiting at the stoplight to turn in a bunch of spyders pulled behind us and beside of us we just got in line an followed them in. After we got in and parked infront of there tent one of the guys came up and said we had gotten in the middle of the ride and was very rude and told us we would have to answer to the cop that was at the gate when we leave. We walked over to the tent because my husband had a few questions no would we even speak to us very rude people. No ever asked how we liked our spyder. So we waited for the next test ride to leave and followed them out the cop asked no questions. Love our spyder but had we gave so rude people our money.

tatt2r
01-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Good luck with BRP when we were over for Biketoberfest we were on our way to the track to check out their tent as we were waiting at the stoplight to turn in a bunch of spyders pulled behind us and beside of us we just got in line an followed them in. After we got in and parked infront of there tent one of the guys came up and said we had gotten in the middle of the ride and was very rude and told us we would have to answer to the cop that was at the gate when we leave. We walked over to the tent because my husband had a few questions no would we even speak to us very rude people. No ever asked how we liked our spyder. So we waited for the next test ride to leave and followed them out the cop asked no questions. Love our spyder but had we gave so rude people our money.

really ...thats too bad ... brp was at a bike night in lowell mass about 6 month before mine was delivered the gentleman that was there was very helpful talkative and social ... if i would have got that crappy attitude i would have started swinging.... also would have reported him to brp im sure they dont want bad press .... i would have said hey jerk we represent spyderlovers.com dont give me attitude ...cuz i'd slap you but Sh#@ splatters...

bjt
01-10-2009, 07:48 PM

They were probably the guys that BRP hires to run the demos at the events, not fulltime BRP employees. Truthfully, at the Michigan Spyder event I went to last summer, those guys weren't bending over backwards to make me happy either. They were friendly enough during the event but when it was clean up time, they were semi standoff'ish. And they had a screwy policy for their SE5 demo rides. Basically, if you weren't one of the first 5 people to sign up for the demo, you couldn't go. :dontknow:

NancysToy
01-10-2009, 08:58 PM
They were probably the guys that BRP hires to run the demos at the events, not fulltime BRP employees. Truthfully, at the Michigan Spyder event I went to last summer, those guys weren't bending over backwards to make me happy either. They were friendly enough during the event but when it was clean up time, they were semi standoff'ish. And they had a screwy policy for their SE5 demo rides. Basically, if you weren't one of the first 5 people to sign up for the demo, you couldn't go. :dontknow:
At Mid-Ohio this summer it was much the same. Most of the crew was area dealer staff...in training. One or two veterans, and a bunch of rookies. Some had never seen the Spyder until the week before.
-Scotty

sleepman
01-10-2009, 10:07 PM

Wow, when I was there for Bikeweek the staff was actually very helpful and kind. Ran into them downtown at night after the demos were over and they were all really nice.

I will say this in their defense, when it comes to the demo rides getting mixed in with them can get you into an area that you shouldn't be on your bike. The manufacturers are responsible for following the event rules at the track and can get into trouble if they're allowing people to be places they shouldn't.

LDFIREWORKS
01-10-2009, 10:08 PM
:agree: but you need to come to bike week anyway and we just will not go see those a-holes:spyder::spyder:will show them

LDFIREWORKS
01-10-2009, 10:10 PM
:agree:

chasbadger
01-11-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm thinking maybe the Hess gas station near the race track. Then we could roll over to the Can Am tent

Hess sounds good to me I will be coming with the wife if all goes well. I know where the Hess station is, arriving about 10:30 or 11:00 Sat morning hope to meat some of you :spyder:riders. I go each year and buy a hat or two look around and then go home that makes a long enough day for me we come from Port St. Lucie FL. about 150 miles one way.

It will be nice meeting you all

Chuck.

Cundiffla
01-11-2009, 06:09 PM
What Saturday Date are you talking about I would like to come down and meet you guys as well.

Larry

Lamonster
01-12-2009, 09:15 AM
What Saturday Date are you talking about I would like to come down and meet you guys as well.

Larry
How about we meet both Saturdays at 11am or so? That way everyone will get at least one chance to meet.:doorag::spyder:

docdoru
01-12-2009, 10:32 AM
2.28.9 and 3.7.9 @ 1100

effgjamis
01-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Is there a motel close to the area? Or any recomendations just off 95 ?
Both Saturdays..... Great...

Thanks

sleepman
01-12-2009, 06:30 PM

Thanks

There's a Holiday Inn just down the street, but it'll be pretty expensive during bikeweek and may even be sold out by now. My suggestion would be to just head over without reservations, you'll be able to get something on Atlantic Ave cheaper by just walking in. They'll have plenty of vacancies.

Lamonster
01-12-2009, 07:36 PM

Thanks

Best to call around now if you plan on going. I stayed 50 miles away last year and had to ride back in some bad rain a few nights. I won't be doing that again.:sour:

effgjamis
01-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the info... now to get a tel list .... I guess the bikeweek web site has a list.. so will look there..

Thanks again...

Cundiffla
01-12-2009, 08:46 PM
How about we meet both Saturdays at 11am or so? That way everyone will get at least one chance to meet.:doorag::spyder:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=OG3&q=2150+W+International+Speedway+Blvd,+Daytona+Beac h,+FL+32114.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image

That'll be cool I look at the first Saturday I Believe the 28th. 11:00 will be perfect that'll give me an hour there from my home. I ve invited two other Spyders hopefully they can come also.
:spyder:

spyderbob
01-13-2009, 05:51 AM
We live about 20 minutes away will be there also.

bdspyder
01-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Hey guys

Im new to Spyderlovers and just got my :spyder:a few weeks ago. I absolutely love it and have already started adding stuff to it. I acutally live in Deltona, FL which is about 25 min south of Daytona and meeting up sounds like a lot of fun and a good chance to meet and get to know everybody.
The hess station was a great idea for a meeting place and would give everybody a chance to gas up the tank and the belly before heading off to the Can-Am tent. If everybody would like to take a little ride together after leaving the tent enroute to JP Cycles(Destination Daytona), we could drive towards the coast and take a well known and scenic ride called "The Loop" which winds around rivers and backroads and I believe ends up right near Destination Daytona. That would be a fun, scenic ride instead of the boring interstate:clap:
Just a thought to see what everybody thinks.
Looking forward to Bike Week :yes:
Ben Davis

spyderbob
01-16-2009, 06:03 AM
If people would like to take a ride and get out of the traffic and ride though the Ocala National forest we have a place in Astor, FL on the water where we could take a break It is off of 40. Destation
Daytona gets so crowded during Biketoberfest it took us almost and hour to get there on US 1 sitting in traffic.

Cundiffla
01-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Hey I am game for anything I am just there for the Fun Ride!

:cheers: :spyder::2excited:

Lamonster
01-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Hey guys

Im new to Spyderlovers and just got my :spyder:a few weeks ago. I absolutely love it and have already started adding stuff to it. I acutally live in Deltona, FL which is about 25 min south of Daytona and meeting up sounds like a lot of fun and a good chance to meet and get to know everybody.
The hess station was a great idea for a meeting place and would give everybody a chance to gas up the tank and the belly before heading off to the Can-Am tent. If everybody would like to take a little ride together after leaving the tent enroute to JP Cycles(Destination Daytona), we could drive towards the coast and take a well known and scenic ride called "The Loop" which winds around rivers and backroads and I believe ends up right near Destination Daytona. That would be a fun, scenic ride instead of the boring interstate:clap:
Just a thought to see what everybody thinks.
Looking forward to Bike Week :yes:
Ben Davis

We got an invite to have a meeting at Corbin too and I think that's real close to the Loop.

Maybe we could meet at Hess, hangout a bit, ride to the Can Am tent, hangout a bit and then ride the Loop and wind up at Corbin. From there we could go to Rossmeyer's Harley to see all the vendors and visit with Magic Man and crew. :doorag::spyder:

bjt
01-16-2009, 09:06 AM
We got an invite to have a meeting at Corbin too and I think that's real close to the Loop.

Maybe we could meet at Hess, hangout a bit, ride to the Can Am tent, hangout a bit and then ride the Loop and wind up at Corbin. From there we could go to Rossmeyer's Harley to see all the vendors and visit with Magic Man and crew. :doorag::spyder:

That sounds like a fun day. I am wishing that Deb and I could make it.

Welcome to SpyderLovers bdspyder!

effgjamis
01-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Hey Lamonster...

You got the Plan...

sleepman
01-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Sounds like Lamonster gets to be the Grand Poobah of this little meet and greet. :thumbup:

effgjamis
01-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Hey Sleepman.... don't suppose we can get him a head cover as the spyder poobah??

sleepman
01-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Hey Sleepman.... don't suppose we can get him a head cover as the spyder poobah??

I'll have to see if the Florida Crew will authorize a reproduction. :joke:

bdspyder
01-16-2009, 11:00 PM

Maybe we could meet at Hess, hangout a bit, ride to the Can Am tent, hangout a bit and then ride the Loop and wind up at Corbin. From there we could go to Rossmeyer's Harley to see all the vendors and visit with Magic Man and crew. :doorag::spyder:That sounds like a good plan and a lot of fun. After leaving the tent to goto Corbin, we can do some backroads to the start of the Loop. About 1-2 miles into it, there's a park right off the intercoastal we could stop at to stretch our legs and regroup to catch any Spyders we might have left behind from traffic lights. We could make some copies of a Google map just in case someone got left behind till we all make it to the park. From the park we would head north and do 1/2 the loop and end up on hwy 95 about 4 miles north of Destination Daytona and Corbin. (Very nice ride and we can all pretty much stay together from that point). Depending on how may Spyders we have, we might have to block 1 or 2 stop signs. Taking the on ramp off hwy 95 going toward Corbin wouldn't be that busy from the direction we came from but busy going from Corbin to Destination Daytona

I'll see if I can't print out a google map of the route, mark it, scan it and put it on the forum.(Don't expect much - 1st for me trying to do that):yikes:
What do you think lamonster
How many Spyder do you think might come?

spyderbob3
01-17-2009, 01:28 AM
I'll be there

BajaRon
01-18-2009, 03:22 PM
I really want to go... Is that the same as actually going?

Well, count me in! Maybe....

bdspyder
01-18-2009, 11:24 PM
That sounds like a good plan and a lot of fun. After leaving the tent to goto Corbin, we can do some backroads to the start of the Loop. About 1-2 miles into it, there's a park right off the intercoastal we could stop at to stretch our legs and regroup to catch any Spyders we might have left behind from traffic lights. We could make some copies of a Google map just in case someone got left behind till we all make it to the park. From the park we would head north and do 1/2 the loop and end up on hwy 95 about 4 miles north of Destination Daytona and Corbin. (Very nice ride and we can all pretty much stay together from that point). Depending on how may Spyders we have, we might have to block 1 or 2 stop signs. Taking the on ramp off hwy 95 going toward Corbin wouldn't be that busy from the direction we came from but busy going from Corbin to Destination Daytona

I'll see if I can't print out a google map of the route, mark it, scan it and put it on the forum.(Don't expect much - 1st for me trying to do that):yikes:
What do you think lamonster
How many Spyder do you think might come?I made a map roughly showing a route we could take. For some reason, I couldn't post a pic on the forum so I just included a URL to see the map. There's a zoom button in the upper right corner to see it better.
Let me know what you guys think. :yes:
http://picasaweb.google.com/bmtdavis/Desktop?authkey=lAcFLgtdtlI

docdoru
01-19-2009, 08:49 AM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/Loop_ride.jpg

Spydeaux
01-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I'll be there, but only on Wed.(March 4) to Fri.(March 6) . Maybe I'll see some of you then.

LDFIREWORKS
01-19-2009, 06:25 PM
i will be around all week call me 954-325-7024:2thumbs::2excited:

annieleilani
01-21-2009, 12:37 PM
I'll be there with bells on! (Probably with Rocketman and Rocketlady!)
Annie Leilani:2excited:

bdspyder
01-27-2009, 12:16 AM
I was just thinking about the route and I think we said we'd meet around 10-11am. If that's the case, we probably need to stop somewhere for lunch before we get to Destination Daytona (known as DD from now on). There is a barbeque restaurant at DD but I can imagine it would be packed and probably would'nt get too sit together and there's the usual food stands around but thats it. Or we could modify the route and ride more of the loop ending up right on the coast and eat at a local dive with sandwiches, salads etc (good place) thats right off the beach. From there we would drive south on 1A which is right off the coast and nice view of the ocean for about 7 miles or so. Make a right onto 40 heading into ormond beach then a right onto hwy 1 which will take us straight to Corbin then DD. More riding with nice scenery.
Everybody think about it and give me some feedback and I'll make another map showing the new route if you want me to.
Whatever we choose it will be great :yes:

Stuart49
01-28-2009, 11:59 AM
I will be in JAX on Friday 3-6 for the Iron Butt Dinner, riding down Thurs/Friday from PA. I could meet on Sat AM 3-7. What is address of this Hess Station (if that is now the meeting destination)?

I'll likely be heading back north later on Sat, at least make the SC border by Sat evening.

Anyone else riding down that way on 3-6, or back north on 3-7?

Thanks, Stuart

NancysToy
01-28-2009, 02:22 PM
I will be in JAX on Friday 3-6 for the Iron Butt Dinner, riding down Thurs/Friday from PA. I could meet on Sat AM 3-7. What is address of this Hess Station (if that is now the meeting destination)?

I'll likely be heading back north later on Sat, at least make the SC border by Sat evening.

Anyone else riding down that way on 3-6, or back north on 3-7?

Thanks, Stuart
Did you get any of that ice, Stuart?
-Scotty http://forum.thestompbox.net/images/smilies/1a_snow.gif

wildbill6565
01-29-2009, 12:35 AM
Wife and I are planning to ride our Spyders IF we get hers straighten out. If not will going in car:cus::cus::cus::cus:!!!!! Already have a room near race track. So keep us informed please.

hollylmh
02-01-2009, 03:48 PM
The last two times I have been down to Daytona getting in or out of DD was such a mess I did not even try. I'll be coming down from Orange Park [I trailer to there] on Saturday the 7th and maybe the week before. It would be neat to see some Spyder types there.

hollylmh
Yellow 444
NW FL
850-623-0072

sleepman
02-01-2009, 04:12 PM
The last two times I have been down to Daytona getting in or out of DD was such a mess I did not even try.

The trick with DD is to either go there early in the day or come at it from the other direction. If you hit it going west on 1 there is where the worst of the traffic is. You can go up the interstate to the next exit to Old Dixie back to 1 and head at it from the east. The traffic isn't as bad going that way.

bdspyder
02-02-2009, 12:05 AM
That's true Sleepman. LaMonster was saying we were invited to Corbin and earlier posts, we had talked about going there 1st then hitting DD to see Magic Man and mess around. Heading northward on 1 from ormond beach would allow us to goto Corbin 1st and also do half the loop, eat and finish the other half.
Your right -- It's always crazy around DD. I think they've taken a lot of interest away from Main Street. It's not what it used to be around there.
Hope to see you there:2thumbs:

kalavera
02-05-2009, 10:46 AM
I would love to ride out to this:

1. I have never been to Daytona Bike Week (or daytona for that matter)
2. The longest I have ever ridden on a bike is 2 hours in either direction from my house.
3. Its about 7 hours by car. What am I looking at by bike?
4. Dont wanna make the trek alone. Anyone in the panhandle riding down there? Maybe meet up with other Spyderlovers.com peeps on the way.

bjt
02-05-2009, 11:41 AM
I would love to ride out to this:

3. Its about 7 hours by car. What am I looking at by bike?

You'll have three or four fuel stops in those 7 hours. How long does it take you to fuel up the Spyder (stretching the legs, answering questions, etc.)? Multiply that by the number of fuel stops and thats how much longer it should take you on the Spyder. For me, I would plan on 8 hours by Spyder (allowing 15 - 20 minutes per fuel stop). Longer if riding in a big group, less time if riding solo.

vt228
02-05-2009, 05:33 PM
guys I cant make it to daytona wife going under surgery on her so my be next year I well be in so carolina may hope to see you then vt228:coffee:

Biker
02-05-2009, 07:55 PM
I haven't been able to ride at all since I bought my new roadster. I'm really looking forward to Daytona to try her out. I would really like to meet with you guys and discuss things. Let me know where you will be meeting and I'll try and be there. We'll be there for the week. AS the time grows closer to Bike Week, keep me posted. :opps::2excited::clap:

docdoru
02-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Are we still up for Daytona? Saturday 2.28.9 @ 1100 2150 W International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114

sleepman
02-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Are we still up for Daytona? Saturday 2.28.9 @ 1100 2150 W International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114

I think that's the plan for both Saturdays.

I'll be there on the 28th for sure. :2thumbs:

Lamonster
02-10-2009, 12:01 PM
The event has been added to the calendar too. :doorag:

------------------------
SpyderLovers meet at the Hess gas station around 11am on Sat. 2-28-09 and the following Sat. 3-7-09 at the same time. I looked it up on the map but I think they have it wrong. If you get off of 95 onto International Speedway Blvd. (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=ilG&ei=f7CRScPQI9CCtweilaTXCw&resnum=1&q=speedway%20blvd&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl) and head east the Hess station will be on the right (south) just before you get to the race track.

From there we can head over to the Cam Am Spyder tent at the race track and if you like we can take a little ride over to Corbin (http://www.corbin.com/ormond.shtml) in Ormond Beach and then to Rossmeyers (http://www.brucerossmeyer.com/) Harley where most of the action is and No Magic Neon (http://www.nomagicneon.com/spyderbike.html) is setup.

barb36jack31
02-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Lamonster - Will be there at the Hess station at 11:00 on both Saturdays. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Jack H.

bdspyder
02-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Ill be at the Hess both Saturdays and look forward to meeting everybody and checking out all the :spyder:

mike3069
02-14-2009, 01:55 PM
I'll be there 2nd Sat the 7th.

barb36jack31
02-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Lamonster - I posted this same message last evening and it apparently take. I will be at the Hess station both Saturdays at 11:00 a.m.

LDFIREWORKS
02-14-2009, 10:06 PM
I WILL BE @HESS 11AM SEE YOU ALL THERE:spyder2::clap::2thumbs::f_spider::spyder::ye s::spyder2:

annieleilani
02-15-2009, 08:00 AM
I'm glad you decieded to meet closer to Daytona.:agree: I really didn't want to drive on 95 from Ormond Beach. I also think we make more of a statement driving along US1. I am so looking forward to this get together with so many Spyder Ryders!!! :yes:

Jake007
02-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Would like to be there on the 28th but don't know if I can get the bike down there by then...will be there on the 7th otherwise for sure... The weather has to warmer down there right... Ha Ha..

sleepman
02-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Would like to be there on the 28th but don't know if I can get the bike down there by then...will be there on the 7th otherwise for sure... The weather has to warmer down there right... Ha Ha..

Actually this year has been unseasonably cool for us. Of course it should still seem like a heat wave to you.:) Coldest I've had to ride in this year was 28 degrees. If the weather we've been having lately hangs around then it's going to be excellent for bikeweek.

ratspyder
02-23-2009, 12:32 AM
see you there

ZOSO
02-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Will be at Hess sat. 2-28-09 @11:00.

docdoru
02-25-2009, 08:28 AM
I-95 N take Exit 261A head east:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/DSC00394.jpg?t=1235568473
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/DSC00395.jpg?t=1235568510

LDFIREWORKS
02-25-2009, 11:23 AM
i'll be there ....:2thumbs::2excited:

chasbadger
02-25-2009, 06:09 PM
I will be there:clap::yes::2thumbs: hope to see you all !!!

docdoru
02-26-2009, 08:21 AM
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=32114&hourly=1&yday=58&weekday=Saturday

Jake007
02-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey anybody in the mid-west headed to Daytona with a trailer? Was supposed to have bike shipped already but truck headed south was cancelled. Now I have my bike all ready to go and no transport to Daytona...:yikes:. My plan is to leave it down in FL till may and ride it home. Was thinking about riding it down but -30 below here this am. Will look at weather again tomorrow, Have heated seat and Ind. 7 windshield can wear snowpants for my legs, just worried about my hands...Maybe choppers on the hands...:dontknow:

docdoru
02-28-2009, 09:38 PM
http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/?action=view&current=save10.flv

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/?action=view&current=save9.flv

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/?action=view&current=save8.flv

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/?action=view&current=save7.flv

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/?action=view&current=save5.flv

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/?action=view&current=save0.flv

babyanlee
03-01-2009, 08:06 AM
http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/?action=view&current=save10.flv

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/?action=view&current=save9.flv

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/?action=view&current=save8.flv

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/?action=view&current=save7.flv

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/?

action=view&current=save5.flv

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/?action=view&current=save0.flv
Great Pics, wish we were there.:2thumbs:. Will be there next Sat. 7th , See you then. Drive Safe. :spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::s pyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spy der::spyder::spyder:

bjt
03-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Nice videos doc! :thumbup: Looks like that new camera is working out good.

Roaddog2
03-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Jealous in CT. :2thumbs: but I did finale get out for a 70 mile rip on Friday.
now were supposed to get dumped on big time :banghead:

Monique
03-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Well it looks like I missed you guys yesterday :O( and I was really looking forward to meeting everyone !
We drove in from Kissimmee (where we're camping) and anticipated traffic to be heavy but this was ridiculous - we had a 45 minute buffer and still didn't make it on time! Traffic was insane and we only arrived at the Hess station around 11:20 - no Spyders to be found ! I stopped at a Shell and asked if there was another Hess station around - I was definitely at the right place.....just too late.

I did meet the nice folks from No Magic Neon and "Lamonster" the previous day and waved to a few Spyder owners on the road but it's just not the same.

I was only #4 when I checked in with Evan....I even wore my Crocs (like LDFireworks!) for good luck ! Oh well another lucky Spyderlover will win it later this week.

Still enjoying this lovely Florida weather!

Monique

Spyder_Dan
03-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Thank for the video !!!

docdoru
03-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Thank for the video !!!

welcome

Roaddog2
03-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Thank for the video !!!
welcome:congrats::2thumbs:

LDFIREWORKS
03-01-2009, 06:50 PM
nice........:congrats::clap::ani29::spyder2::2thum bs:

effgjamis
03-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Well it looks like I missed you guys yesterday :O( and I was really looking forward to meeting everyone !
We drove in from Kissimmee (where we're camping) and anticipated traffic to be heavy but this was ridiculous - we had a 45 minute buffer and still didn't make it on time! Traffic was insane and we only arrived at the Hess station around 11:20 - no Spyders to be found ! I stopped at a Shell and asked if there was another Hess station around - I was definitely at the right place.....just too late.

I did meet the nice folks from No Magic Neon and "Lamonster" the previous day and waved to a few Spyder owners on the road but it's just not the same.

I was only #4 when I checked in with Evan....I even wore my Crocs (like LDFireworks!) for good luck ! Oh well another lucky Spyderlover will win it later this week.

Still enjoying this lovely Florida weather!

Monique

I live in Kissimmee.... 407-520-1061 .. if you are still here.
I just returned from Daytona this AM, before the weather changed.
Saturday was a GREAT DAY, I didn't think we left the Hess Until 11:45 heading to the BRP Tent at the Speedway. Real sorry to have missed you...

hollylmh
03-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Sorry you missed us. I counted 28 Spyders and I don't think there was a single "stock one" there! Good to see all the various mods. Plan to check out the floorboards with the lowered controls further. I got new side cases later and hope to get a top box Thursday. Hope you can make the Factory get together Thurs 4 PM at the display tent.

Laban
Yellow 444

effgjamis
03-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Needless to say, I am home again from a Sat day at Datona..
LaMonster, was there with a bit of flu, but he hung right in there.. Don't know where he gets his git-up-an-go especailly when sick. Get Well Lamonster and hope your trip home is a safe one.
We met at Hess and proceded to the BRP Tent at the race track and networked a bit, and then off on a loop ride. As I am not Familiar with Daytona, I don't know where I went, and was lucky to find a yellow spyder back to the race track so I could find I4 and homeward I went..
However, we stopped to eat at Manny's, and let me tell you the food was great and plenty, and I mean Plenty of it.. I just hope someone posts the plate the Doc ordered.. OMG......Seeing is believing.

This am, I met George and Len on I4 and we 3 rode to DD and then to the meet.

It was a great day. I really enjoyed it and I do believe that those in attendance also enjoyed the day.

babyanlee
03-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Needless to say, I am home again from a Sat day at Datona..
LaMonster, was there with a bit of flu, but he hung right in there.. Don't know where he gets his git-up-an-go especailly when sick. Get Well Lamonster and hope your trip home is a safe one.
We met at Hess and proceded to the BRP Tent at the race track and networked a bit, and then off on a loop ride. As I am not Familiar with Daytona, I don't know where I went, and was lucky to find a yellow spyder back to the race track so I could find I4 and homeward I went..
However, we stopped to eat at Manny's, and let me tell you the food was great and plenty, and I mean Plenty of it.. I just hope someone posts the plate the Doc ordered.. OMG......Seeing is believing.

This am, I met George and Len on I4 and we 3 rode to DD and then to the meet.

It was a great day. I really enjoyed it and I do believe that those in attendance also enjoyed the day.

Forest it was nice meeting you too. See you next Sunday am and don't forget you owe me one egg and a slice of potato. Lee.
I agree I never saw anybody eat so much. His greek salad was "small" enough to share with the table and they just kept coming with wraps and fries. It was so funny. Fun to meet all SpyderLovers what a great bunch.

Biker
03-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Daytona 2009 is now in the history books but, I thought I would like to give my thanks to Lamonster for setting up the events and talking with me to give me some hints about the Spyder. Thanks again. You're doing a great job. :congrats::bowdown:

Biker

Spyder Bitten Duo
03-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Update-

Hi Lamont, we had a great time at Daytona & we were glad to meet you. My question is when & where will be the bike run in Tenn. for 2009? Thanks, Sandy

Lamonster
03-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi Lamont, we had a great time at Daytona & we were glad to meet you. My question is when & where will be the bike run in Tenn. for 2009? Thanks, Sandy
I'm not sure if they have the dates nailed down yet. I'll see if I can find them for you.

effgjamis
03-18-2009, 06:03 PM
I say "" LaMonster "" Have you posted the LeoVince sounds on Utube? JUst curious...
I am glad you are feeling better..