PDA

View Full Version : Paint Prep

Buelldog
12-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Getting ready to deliver my fenders and panels to the paint shop........to those that have repainted did you remove or tape the orange side reflectors on the front fenders and the BRP fascia logo on the lower lid??If you removed did you use wd-40 and a heat gun?? Thanks for any feedback....I dont want to break these babies.:dontknow:

Lamonster
12-30-2008, 09:02 AM
I haven't painted mine yet but yes that's what I would do to remove them. Works on everything else I've tried.:doorag:

bjt
12-30-2008, 06:30 PM
I believe our painter taped them off on dltang's Spyder but I don't know for sure. Whatever he did, he gave them back to us without any damage to reflectors or emblems. :2thumbs:

Buelldog
12-30-2008, 07:12 PM
I believe our painter taped them off on dltang's Spyder but I don't know for sure. Whatever he did, he gave them back to us without any damage to reflectors or emblems. :2thumbs:

Well looks like tape is the way to go........I went the heat gun and WD-40 route on the BRP front emblem.That convex front emblem fills the recessed dish with only a hair of clearance to get a curved probe under the edge.The edge of that emblem is paper thin and bends up with the slightest amount of lifting pressure.I got the emblem out but the edge is crinked.....Probably will be buying another new emblem(BRP) or looking for something else to drop in that spot......Anybody see anything that looks good as a mod emblem change out??As far as the reflectors......gonna tape those guys.

GA-SPYDER
12-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Magic Man sells a Spyder emblem to go in place of the BRP on the front and the back.:thumbup: