PDA

View Full Version : Pls help Brak failier

Edsts
07-14-2015, 06:35 PM
Riding around on my sts and all of a,sudden i am getting a weird symbol like a circle in a circle , then the screen says brake failier . I pulled over for safety ,
the brakes are working in good order , has this ever happen to any one .

ByronM
07-14-2015, 06:42 PM
Adding brake fluid took care of mine when that happened.

Edsts
07-14-2015, 06:45 PM
Adding brake fluid took care of mine when that happened.

Thanks , Just wanted to know how serious , i am not close to home and don't wanna risk in getting any one hurt or even my self if i loose my brakes.

Thanks again i love this place , :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-14-2015, 08:04 PM
Thanks , Just wanted to know how serious , i am not close to home and don't wanna risk in getting any one hurt or even my self if i loose my brakes.

Thanks again i love this place , :thumbup:

IMHO, the likelihood of you losing your brakes are slim.....the sensor in the Spyders is HYPER-sensitive in detecting even a very small amount of LOW fluid........make sure the cap area is clean before you open and do not add more than one teaspoon at a time......because it's easy to overfill...........Also be very careful screwing the caps back on...cross-threading will cause them/it to leak and brake fluid is close to BATTERY ACID in corrosiveness ....good luck...Mike :thumbup:

Chupaca
07-15-2015, 01:52 AM
check that your brake switch is not sticking. Seems to a growing problem. Double think if you were ryding with your foot on the pedal. Start with the fluid...:thumbup:

johnwinslow
07-15-2015, 04:33 PM
if topping off the brake fluid fixes it, be sure to chk the brake pads for wear, as they wear down the level of your reservoir goes down, so if you ad fluid, and then replace your pads the fluid will over flow the reservoir during the repair.