PDA

View Full Version : BRP Pipe deflector?

jeuchler
12-29-2008, 09:39 PM
I didn't see it in the paper catalog that you can download as a pdf here (http://spyder.brp.com/NR/rdonlyres/0374AC93-792E-4F2E-ADE3-087850151A16/0/Spyder_Catalogue09_US_FINAL.pdf), but in the online catalog there's a "muffler deflector kit" for $60 to fit onto the stock pipe clamp.

Looks similar to the one on the Hindle. I wonder if it'd fit (w/o too much finagling) on a Micron or other aftermarket pipe.

I also wonder if this is BRP's "fix" for the burn mark: cover it!

ataDude
12-29-2008, 09:50 PM
I didn't see it in the paper catalog that you can download as a pdf here (http://spyder.brp.com/NR/rdonlyres/0374AC93-792E-4F2E-ADE3-087850151A16/0/Spyder_Catalogue09_US_FINAL.pdf), but in the online catalog there's a "muffler deflector kit" for $60 to fit onto the stock pipe clamp.

Looks similar to the one on the Hindle. I wonder if it'd fit (w/o too much finagling) on a Micron or other aftermarket pipe.

Well, fancy that. It does coincidentally cover the normal spot, doesn't it? :clap:

NancysToy
12-29-2008, 10:30 PM

Good solution, actually. I like it.
-Scotty

BRPjunkie
12-29-2008, 10:57 PM
If it is the "fix" for the burn spot, it should not cost $60. It should be given to every owner who has the spot.

jeuchler
12-29-2008, 11:13 PM
If it is the "fix" for the burn spot, it should not cost $60. It should be given to every owner who has the spot.

Ah, BRPJunkie... you are not appreciating the beauty of the idea! :joke:

("It was our mistake, but tell you what: since we can't figure it out, you pay us more and we'll just hide it...")

BRPjunkie
12-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Ah, BRPJunkie... you are not appreciating the beauty of the idea! :joke:

("It was our mistake, but tell you what: since we can't figure it out, you pay us more and we'll just hide it...")

I do appreciate the clever use of an already existing component. I exected them to send us a can of heat resistant paint. There should be no trouble getting the part since it looks like the same one that goes on the Hindle. I got my free axle nut caps, so what more could I expect. Since the burn spot is all that I have to complain about, I feel pretty lucky. I will gladly pay $60 for the shield which does add a touch of class to the big stock pipe.

AMTJIM
12-29-2008, 11:52 PM
I'd tell them...since you won't fix the problem, you can add me to the pool of continuous muffler replacements, but I will accept a hindle instead...or you can give me this convenient heat shield you have devised for free.

bjt
12-30-2008, 08:21 AM
I guess I don't understand how BRP could not have found the problem with the muffler burn mark. I thought lamonster showed most of the problem when he cut apart his stock muffler with the burn mark. It looked like an internal exhaust leak (bad weld?) was funneling hot exhaust gases where they shouldn't have been going. It burnt the fiberglass inside and burnt the muffler paint outside. :dontknow: