PDA

View Full Version : biketoberfest

LDFIREWORKS
12-29-2008, 07:30 PM
who is comming to the daytona area for this years biKE WEEK would be awsome if we all could meet somewhere and ride or just hang out and meet who we have been talking to for months you know put a:spyder:with a face iam not sure when it is this year , but we can find out , sometime in feb i think welcome:b2b:

sleepman
12-29-2008, 07:53 PM
So are you already planning ahead to October 2009 or are you thinking about Bikeweek 2009 which is February 27 - March 8?

Roaddog2
12-29-2008, 08:36 PM
You guys are lucky to have that in your backyard use to go down there alot but only made it twice since the 50th annv yes thats how ancient I'm getting:doorag:

sleepman
12-29-2008, 08:50 PM
You guys are lucky to have that in your backyard use to go down there alot but only made it twice since the 50th annv yes thats how ancient I'm getting:doorag:

My in-laws live in Ormond Beach about 5 minutes from Bruce Rossmeyers Destination Daytona. (Where a lot of the bikeweek activities have gone.) So I usually head over for a day or two since I've got a free place to stay and plenty of free beer there also. If I was paying I'd be done with it, it's the same stuff year in and year out.

jimclarkf1
12-29-2008, 09:03 PM
HI, wish I was going, went to the 500 on 1997, all the talk was about bikeweek and it was better than the race. CAN ANYONE TEL ME HOW TO POST A NEW THREAD, I dont know how,,,THANKS,,:dontknow:

LDFIREWORKS
12-29-2008, 11:00 PM
SORRY I AM TALKING ABOUT BIKE WEEK IN FEB DAH'

LDFIREWORKS
12-29-2008, 11:02 PM
CORRECTION I MEANT BIKE WEEK IN FEB NOT BIKETOBERFEST

spyderbob
12-30-2008, 05:56 AM
We will be around since we live in Deland. Would like to get together.

bjt
12-30-2008, 08:37 AM
CAN ANYONE TEL ME HOW TO POST A NEW THREAD, I dont know how,,,THANKS,, :dontknow:

On the main page of any of the forums, right at the top of the list of threads, there is a NEW THREAD button. Here's a screen capture with a yellow arrow pointing at the button.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w134/briantangen/spyderloverswindow-1.jpg

Roaddog2
12-30-2008, 08:44 AM
My in-laws live in Ormond Beach about 5 minutes from Bruce Rossmeyers Destination Daytona. (Where a lot of the bikeweek activities have gone.) So I usually head over for a day or two since I've got a free place to stay and plenty of free beer there also. If I was paying I'd be done with it, it's the same stuff year in and year out.Why not your so close it would be crazy for you not to check it out after 93 I said to myself it is way to expensive but it is a great thing for your local econemy :spyder:do you remember Robinsons H-D before the big boys bought him out:doorag:I still have some of there shirts:thumbup:

Lamonster
12-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Been going there twice a year since 1999. Three of those years were from San Diego to Daytona, 5000 miles round trip.:sour: Now that I live in East TN it's a nice day ride for me.:doorag: I'll be there hanging out at the Can Am tent and No Magic Booth. Hope to see you there.:thumbup:

sleepman
12-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Why not your so close it would be crazy for you not to check it out after 93 I said to myself it is way to expensive but it is a great thing for your local econemy :spyder:do you remember Robinsons H-D before the big boys bought him out:doorag:I still have some of there shirts:thumbup:

No I don't remember Robinsons, I've only been in Florida since 2002 and so I only know the big dealers up here. I actually bought a bike from Destination back in 06 and it was a pretty good experience.

I just get kinda tired of the t-shirt vendors and the crowds, but the ride over is nice and there's some good riding in the area so I usually make it over for a day or two.