PDA

View Full Version : Spyder St 12v plug questions

Tgwinn
07-11-2015, 10:29 PM
Ok, I've done a bunch of searching and so far come up dry on installing the 12v plug in the frunk of an ST. I have a couple of the plugs with a small wire harness and I see some little rubber popouts that look like they would fit. I am just not sure where exactly the existing wire harness or wires would be for the plug. I read another post about pulling off the left side access panel and the left forward panel, but my left forward panel has some strange fasteners that I am not sure how to remove. I have included pics of both the holes after removing the popouts and the fasteners. I am just trying to install this thing with as little hassle as possible. Thanks for any help. 111398111399

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craniac
07-11-2015, 11:09 PM
Pry the center of the strange fastener up with a flat blade screwdriver. Then the outer piece will come out. It is similar to a plastic pop river. There is a special tool for removing the center piece but you do not need it.

Do a search. I posted pics of the factory wires for the plug. You do not have to rove the frunk to get to them. I mounted my 12v plug I'm the left speaker grill. You may have to remove the frunk if you want the 12v plug in the factory location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bfromla
07-12-2015, 12:13 AM
Hang arond dealership become friendly with a tech, Offer ca$h or beer for "after hours install¿. :yikes: Not unheard of & if you dont feel comfortable. May pan out for other farkles.

Craniac
07-12-2015, 09:01 AM
Here is the link to my pics:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?76968-12volt-accessory-location&highlight=location+frunk

Tgwinn
07-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Ok thanks!