PDA

View Full Version : Cooperstown, NY

Upstater
07-09-2015, 08:00 PM
Hello Ryders! I would like to organize a ride to Cooperstown, NY this summer (end of July). This post is to determine interest. Nothing fancy, just a fun and simple coordinated ride. Perhaps a few groups getting together in various parts of the state and meeting up in Herkimer. From there we can head to Cooperstown.

What do you think?

Bensonoid
07-10-2015, 04:13 AM
Sounds good to me.

Bob Denman
07-10-2015, 12:42 PM
:thumbup: But we're coming from the South... :shocked:
Our Route normally takes us through Roscoe, Downsville, Walton, Franklin, and Oneonta...

Upstater
07-10-2015, 12:56 PM
:thumbup: But we're coming from the South... :shocked:
Our Route normally takes us through Roscoe, Downsville, Walton, Franklin, and Oneonta...

That's cool too. As long as we all get there in some fashion. It's always great to connect with other ryders. I'm thinking of an arrival time between 12-1pm. Not sure which day yet (Sat or Sun). Your thoughts?

Trbayth
07-10-2015, 05:25 PM
Sounds like fun. Just make sure we don't do it during Induction weekend. The place gets absolutely bonkers that weekend! :yikes:

Upstater
07-10-2015, 05:46 PM
Sounds like fun. Just make sure we don't do it during Induction weekend. The place gets absolutely bonkers that weekend! :yikes:

Oh geez, good heads up! I will check the schedule of events. Thanks!

Upstater
07-10-2015, 08:10 PM

Well... You are right on! The last weekend of July is Hall of Fame Induction. I know it might be short notice, but is anyone interested in going next weekend? I'm tied up in August with other commitments.

otter28169
07-10-2015, 08:30 PM
I will go tomorrow. I have the day free to ride wherever I like. I am up for an RTE or even an RTR (ride to ride).

Trbayth
07-10-2015, 08:32 PM
That was a lucky guess on my part; I didn't look it up ahead of time.

I could probably do next weekend.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

otter28169
07-10-2015, 08:43 PM
I am certain there will be mandated overtime for me next Saturday. let me know what you guys decide

Just sayin'............

Bensonoid
07-11-2015, 05:15 AM
I hate to state the obvious but I can't stop myself....WOWSER!!! this weekend would have been perfect. I can go tomorrow or next Sun. weather permitting.

Upstater
07-11-2015, 07:31 AM
I hate to state the obvious but I can't stop myself....WOWSER!!! this weekend would have been perfect. I can go tomorrow or next Sun. weather permitting.
Yes, it would have been. I was trying to give some lead time for folks to plan. Let's go for next Sunday (7/19), weather permitting.

We can meet up along the way or in Cooperstown depending on where you are coming from.

Pineywoods36
07-11-2015, 08:37 AM
Would love to meet up, expeccting out of town company next weekend if they back out we may be in for the ride. There is a couple ways for us to get there Rip Vanwinkle bridge is the most direct. Won't know until later this weekend for sure

Bensonoid
07-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Next sun. is good. Pick a place to meet and we will be there. We will come out through Middleville into Herkimer.

Upstater
07-11-2015, 11:40 AM
Next sun. is good. Pick a place to meet and we will be there. We will come out through Middleville into Herkimer.
Richfield Springs will probably be the best place for us to connect with you.

arntufun
07-11-2015, 08:34 PM
My stomping grounds.........:thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Will you be stomping along with us? :thumbup:

otter28169
07-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Just realized that a week from tomorrow is the Diamond family reunion, and I will be there most of the day. Depending on which direction you guys go, I might be able to meet up in the afternoon. Do we have a plan for time and route yet?

Bensonoid
07-12-2015, 08:43 AM
Richfield Springs will probably be the best place for us to connect with you.
OK We'll see how things come together this week.

Bob Denman
07-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Yes, it would have been. I was trying to give some lead time for folks to plan. Let's go for next Sunday (7/19), weather permitting.

We can meet up along the way or in Cooperstown depending on where you are coming from.
Sunday the 19th?? How about some times and places to meet... :dontknow:
Hall of Fame?
Farmer's Museum?
Main St?

What and when: we actually have that day free!! :yes::yes::yes::yes:

Upstater
07-13-2015, 06:27 AM
Sunday the 19th?? How about some times and places to meet... :dontknow:
Hall of Fame?
Farmer's Museum?
Main St?

What and when: we actually have that day free!! :yes::yes::yes::yes:

Thanks Bob. Yes, Sunday July 19th (weather permitting). Based on the responses the ride will be a little scattered with general convergence in Cooperstown. I'm shooting for a noon time arrival.
I will post (tonight) the meeting spots/ETAs for folks heading in from the west/north.

Upstater
07-16-2015, 07:44 PM
Hi Folks,

I just learned today that I am scheduled for business travel this Sunday. My apology to all, but I will not be able to attend the ride to Cooperstown. Please continue on without me, or I will try to coordinate another ride in August.

Bensonoid
07-17-2015, 04:11 AM
I figured it wasn't going to go because of the weather anyway. Thanks for trying to get something going. Let's try again sometime.

Bob Denman
07-17-2015, 11:05 AM
:shocked: That's a shame...
It turns out that the weather is working against us also.
If it rains of Saturday (And it's looking as if it will!); we'll be mowing on Sunday...:gaah: :cus: :banghead: