PDA

View Full Version : Baldwin CR-83 and CR-87 Alabama

shunkmanitu
12-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Okay, who has been smoking their Spyder tire between Elberta and US-90 on these two county roads? For instance on the Blackwater River bridge!?

Roaddog2
12-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Okay, who has been smoking their Spyder tire between Elberta and US-90 on these two county roads? For instance on the Blackwater River bridge!?
Havn't had a chance to smoke one out down there yet :doorag:

spickus
12-28-2008, 08:40 PM

Why do you ask? *Whistles nonchalantly*

Although I haven't been over that way in a month.

shunkmanitu
12-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Why do you ask? *Whistles nonchalantly*

Although I haven't been over that way in a month.
About three places, down center of lane, single tire, similar tread pattern. Main thing, most autos with tires that wide would have some sort of "posi-trac" and would leave two marks. Also, they don't have the little "hook" at the start that most street cars leave as tork pulls them off to one side. Just a long, wide, nearly stright, strip down the center of the lane.

FANG
12-29-2008, 08:46 AM
It wasn't me - I try not to abuse the tires -- but it sounds like someone was having fun :popcorn:.

LDFIREWORKS
12-29-2008, 09:50 AM
not i but i wish it was:yes:

Roaddog2
12-29-2008, 09:54 AM
This might be a case for CSI :thumbup:

tweeder
12-30-2008, 01:12 AM
About three places, down center of lane, single tire, similar tread pattern. Main thing, most autos with tires that wide would have some sort of "posi-trac" and would leave two marks. Also, they don't have the little "hook" at the start that most street cars leave as tork pulls them off to one side. Just a long, wide, nearly stright, strip down the center of the lane.

Not necessarily, its called one tire fire. It comes from a vehicle with an open diff or a limited slip "posi" If the one tire spins with enough speed the other one thats not spinning will keep the spinning tire in line and not hook or pull off to the side. Just because its down the center don't mean that the vehicle wasn't off center of the road.

shunkmanitu
12-30-2008, 05:56 AM
Not necessarily, its called one tire fire. It comes from a vehicle with an open diff or a limited slip "posi" If the one tire spins with enough speed the other one thats not spinning will keep the spinning tire in line and not hook or pull off to the side. Just because its down the center don't mean that the vehicle wasn't off center of the road.

Most cars with that size tire and the power to spin it that far today will have a version of limited slip. With even the older system like I had on my '70 Charger there would be only a few inches before it locked and both tires would spin. With the older bias tires it would light them up for about a hundred feet befor it shifted and did another twenty or so. Before putting a locking rear on my '53 Olds it would "hook" and spin only one tire. Limited slip systems means that they will allow a difference in wheel speed for cornering but locks up on a traction situation. The "hook" is a function of a longitudal application of the rotaional forces on the chassis and can be compensated for with traction and torsion bars. MOST front drive cars and the Spyder have transvers mounted engines and don't twist the chassis in the same manor.

My Subaru will actually mark all four tires for a few inches on hot dry pavement with hardly any noticable difference in length. In soft stuff it will just dig in with all four as traction permits and will spin only a little on really slick wet pavement. like many modern systems, both two and all wheel drive, in performance cars it is computer controled.

The rear tire on the Spyder is fairly distinctive and I do know what it looks like when spun on pavement. I only did it ONCE though, not every couple of miles!!

Like I said, I am pretty sure it is from one of more of several of the Spyders in the area. Guess I will have to go over today and try to match one up to make sure.

Lamonster
12-30-2008, 09:49 AM
There is another possibility. I ran a car tire on my Boss. :2thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUER2ukpMso

shunkmanitu
12-30-2008, 10:01 AM
There is another possibility. I ran a car tire on my Boss. :2thumbs:

YouTube - Boss Hoss 110 mph burnout (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUER2ukpMso)

Several more Spyders around the area than any V-8 powered bikes!

mike3069
12-30-2008, 10:13 AM
:thumbup:Now that's a burn out!

Roaddog2
12-30-2008, 12:25 PM
:agree::doorag:
:thumbup:Now that's a burn out!

aubierules
12-30-2008, 02:08 PM

true