PDA

View Full Version : Help with headlight bulb

MrBones
07-06-2015, 09:11 PM
My 2010 RSS SE5 headlight bulb went out. Is this a bulb I can get from an auto supply store or is it another CanAm only? All the specs say is that its a 55 watt bulb. From the picture in the manual it looks like a small version of a car bulb. On my other bikes they gave a H4 H3 type of bulb. Do I have to go to a dealer or is there a better place? Also is there a trick that you can share as to the way to replace it? Thanks for any info you can give.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-06-2015, 10:54 PM
You can get them at any auto parts store......I don't remember exactly what bulb you need, but it should be listed in your manual as to the type........you can get a Phillips + bulb ( halogen bright white ).........Mike :thumbup:

Chupaca
07-06-2015, 11:07 PM
:agree: I believe yours are the H7 and are available in many tyoes. I am using the bight whites and they do well....:thumbup:

cptjam
07-07-2015, 12:17 AM
Remove windshield. Remove safety card. Remove dash cluster; unplug. Reach in, quarter turn, remove bulb. Unplug. Go to auto parts store. Replace. I thought it was a hb3, but been a while. I forget. Like 8 bucks, vs 20 at dealer. Plug in, insert, replace dash, replace windshield. Done!
call me if you get stuck; but I am in Alaska: time difference. Joe

MrBones
07-07-2015, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Have to give it a shot. One says H7 another says H3 so not sure which.

billybovine
07-07-2015, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Have to give it a shot. One says H7 another says H3 so not sure which.

As Joe said take out the old one and take it to the store with you.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-07-2015, 07:44 PM
As Joe said take out the old one and take it to the store with you.

BUT DO NOT TOUCH THE GLASS OF THE NEW BULBs WITH YOUR FINGERS .......wear gloves...the oil will shorten the life of the bulb......Mike