PDA

View Full Version : Hitches and Trailers

D&J's#2
12-27-2008, 09:03 PM
I would like to get some input on the hitches and trailers that are available for the Spyder. The hard saddle bags are not what we want when not on an overnighter. Any suggestions?:pray::dontknow:

Lamonster
12-28-2008, 08:04 AM
This is what I roll with.
http://www.bushtec.com/spiderhitch.html

welcome

mike3069
12-28-2008, 08:21 AM
:agree:I use the same Bushtec hitch as Lamonster. I pull an an older ('86) used Bushtec trailer.

I must say that on the road I don't even know it's back there.

Spydroe
12-28-2008, 08:30 AM
:agree:I use the same Bushtec hitch as Lamonster. I pull an an older ('86) used Bushtec trailer.

I must say that on the road I don't even know it's back there.

Bushtec is the way to go.

bjt
12-28-2008, 09:10 AM
We also have a Bushtec hitch. Still waiting on the trailer though. We're about 90% sure we will go with a Bushtec trailer also. After getting a bit of the Bushtec factory tour, seeing how these work and the attention to detail, we are pretty much sold on Bushtec.

SpyderRider2492
12-28-2008, 02:20 PM
I've had a Bushtec for many years now and prior to getting the Spyder have about 55 thousand miles towing with this trailer.

Bin to Sturges a couple of time from CA and also to Milwalkee and toured the West coast from top to bottom (Canada to the Mexican border) towing and it simply, as many have said, just follows you, you don't know it's there for the most part, I have to check the mirrors just to make sure.

It handles so well in the wind as we got caught in a strong storm in the CA desert. It's 10 out of 10 for my Roadstar, plenty of room and a great place to store your jackets when it becomes really hot, also your wet weather gear if you need it in a hurry.

I parted with a really nice bike when I bought the Spyder, but the Bushtec stayed. You can't go wrong with a Bushtec IMO.

D&J's#2
12-28-2008, 11:10 PM
:spyder:Thanks to all of you that responded.:bowdown:I've checked the website and was wondering what the prices and delivery time is like; we want to be ready for the Spring.

bgspyderman
12-29-2008, 12:38 AM
I recently purchased my second BushTec. My first was purchased around 94 and I took it all over the US and Canada for 10 years then sold the bike and trailer as a package,
I bought another this year for my Harley and in September decided I wanted a Spyder and had BushTec install a hitch on my new Spyder, The trailer is Black, By Harley is Black and the Spyder is Red/Black, Great combo, trailer works great with both bikes.
In all the miles I have traveled all over the continent I never had problem 1 with my BushTec Trailer, you will be pleased with a purchase from them, guaranteed.:2thumbs:

red
12-29-2008, 04:09 PM
:2thumbs:While I recognize the quality of the Bushtec hitch I have for many years used and loved the Dauntless Hitch.it always seemed a bit more refined yet very strong. I spoke with then last week and they said that they have enough interest to make some however they need a spyder for a template. If anyone is in the Seattle area with interest please call then 360-825-4610 or e-mail info@dauntlessmotors.com