PDA

View Full Version : Parking the Spyder for a month... should I do anything special to it?

griffontamer
07-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Hi all! Having hip surgery tomorrow-yes, right during our ryding season! Bleh. Anyway, I won't be able to take the wingless griffon out for a month. Aside from giving him a bath (which I already did), should I do anything like treat gas with anything, or disconnect the battery, or... It will be in the car port, and our temps are in the 80s, if that makes any difference. Thanks! :)
Julia

ARtraveler
07-01-2015, 03:01 PM
Maybe hook up to a battery tender. If your working on fresh gas, a month should not be a problem.

jwulf74
07-01-2015, 03:33 PM
:agree: battery tender.

griffontamer
07-01-2015, 03:55 PM
Sounds reasonable... I wanted to get one for the winter anyway. Any particular brand you guys recommend?

JerryB
07-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Hi Julia,

Re: Aside from giving him a bath

Well, I guess fair is fair since most guys call them 'her' or 'she.'

:yes:

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Hook him up to a BatteryTender and enjoy your time away.

ARtraveler
07-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Sounds reasonable... I wanted to get one for the winter anyway. Any particular brand you guys recommend?

Battery Tender Jr.

Bob Denman
07-01-2015, 04:41 PM
:agree:, and with the quality of today's fuels; it sure wouldn't hurt to give "him" a drink of fuel stabilizer too!
And Good Luck with your surgery!!! :thumbup:

stormtrooper
07-01-2015, 05:00 PM
I would also cover HIM so HE is nice and warm on cool nights :thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-01-2015, 05:05 PM
:D I've got an idea! :D
Even though It'd be a GREAT personal sacrifice; I'm sure that all of us SpyderLovers would be willing to draw up a schedule, and take turns exercising your bike...
We are all (Welllll :opps:.... mostly!) trustworthy people, and promise to leave it washed and full of fuel for you! :roflblack:

WEB-WVR
07-01-2015, 05:12 PM
As stated;
-Battery Tender
-cover it

I would also add....mice and rodents can get into a stored vehicle and create havoc. Maybe put a rodent trap baited (one pets cant get into) in the general area but not at the Spyder. Also take some Bounce fabric sheets and place a few on the Spyder....word is they repel rodents.

Get back on it soon ! :thumbup:

griffontamer
07-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone; as well as for the offer to exercise my bike ;)

Yes, "Wingless" is definitely a boy, I don't ride girls! LOL

Bleh, rodents are a big deal around here. Never heard of Bounce sheets repelling them but it's worth a try!

Bob Denman
07-01-2015, 06:34 PM
They DO work... :thumbup: nojoke

JerryB
07-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Hi Julia,

Re: "Wingless" is definitely a boy, I don't ride girls! LOL
Well, I'm down in Beaverton so I could come up & take him out for some exercing every now & then. :yes:
Remember: We are here to help. :hun:

Jerry Baumchen

AY4B
07-01-2015, 07:10 PM
A month? All I can say is take the key out and put it in the house. As far as rodents? Get a cat.

Trbayth
07-02-2015, 08:42 AM
Stuff some coarse steel wool (without soap) in the muffler exhausts to keep the critters out.

MisterP
07-02-2015, 09:40 AM

Battery Tender brand makes a 800 mA waterproof unit. I use them in my garage which gets damp at times.

wyliec
07-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Good luck with your surgery, and comply 110% with your physical therapy treatment to get your full range of motion back as quickly as possible. Of course some patients have hip precautions, and others don't.

Oh yeah, I use mothballs under the spyder during the winter months. Mice like dryer sheets; they used them in their little dryers.