PDA

View Full Version : Made It.....

tatt2r
12-25-2008, 02:47 PM
got spyder out today yesterday there was a foot of snow in driveway had a guy plow got up this morning shoveled rap to garage/shed and off we went felt great havent ridden in over two weeks me and the girl went to see ma stopped at local denny's had some lunch broke a couple dozen speed limits and had a ball after last weeks 2 feet of snow i didnt think i would be out today....
santa came melted driveway ....:coffee:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c269/tatt2r/xmas2008.jpg
hope everyone has or had a safe christmas....:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

M2Wild
12-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Jolly good job:clap: Snow is gone here in CT too. Spyder is apart in the basement being moded with fog, 12V and back rest.

LDFIREWORKS
12-25-2008, 10:06 PM
just put a plow on the spyder and you can ride whenever [just kiddin] stay safe on all the ice watch the other guy merry x-mas:clap::clap:

bone crusher
12-26-2008, 12:43 AM
tat,

Too bad the NE is getting hit hard this year...good for the skiiers, bad for the ryders!

Down here in MD we just have cool weather and lots of rain...not good ryding conditions...every time it gets warm enough to take out the Spyder, it rains...argh!

Smylinacha
12-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Nice! Looks pretty up there w/ all that snow :thumbup:. Most of it melted here - now it's just fugly and brown. I like snow during Christmas but this state is strange - borders on blizzard conditions and then we get the balmy weather right afterward.

Roaddog2
12-26-2008, 09:52 AM
:b2b::thumbup:

tatt2r
12-26-2008, 10:16 AM
still riding a bit cold this morning but this month will be 10 months since i bought spyder and drove it every month... who said you can only get 3 good months of riding in nh

bone crusher
12-26-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm going out tomorrow...low 50s...cloudy...hopefully no rain...rare to have a day (esp. a weekend day) with highs in the 50s....should make for a nice ryding day...

Good to clean the engine out too as it's been sitting for about 2 weeks now...too long...

I got the battery tender plus (as per Scotty's recommendation)...will have to hook it up come January as less likely to come across ryding days in Jan/Feb...will keep the battery fresh and will run every week or two just to keep the fluids going...

dltang
12-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Yup tatt2r,
We have to ride as much as possible. I too was told 3-4 good riding months. Bought our spyders in March of 2008 and have been riding (mostly) ever since. We did miss the past 2-3 weeks due to very heavy snow, ice, rain and frigid cold weather. But I rode today. We had high 30's for the weather and a lot of melting. They say tomorrow up in the 50's, Christmas just keeps coming.

NancysToy
12-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Yup tatt2r,
But I rode today. We had high 30's for the weather and a lot of melting.
I think I'm going to cry! Four inches of ice in the driveway, two inches on the entire street, freezing rain this morning, and now warm temps to make it all a skating rink. No riding in Battle Creek, that's for sure! I'll go back to my pouting now...
-Scotty

dltang
12-26-2008, 07:50 PM
I think I'm going to cry! Four inches of ice in the driveway, two inches on the entire street, freezing rain this morning, and now warm temps to make it all a skating rink. No riding in Battle Creek, that's for sure! I'll go back to my pouting now...
-Scotty

Scotty,
You can "drive" to Grand Blanc and we'll set you up with a spyder fix.

bone crusher
12-26-2008, 09:32 PM
-Scotty

Scotty,

How about some chains for the wheels and some weight attached to the back of the Spyder?

Oh yeah...that's for my John Deere, not my Spyder...thought I was onto something there...oh well!

:dontknow:

LDFIREWORKS
12-26-2008, 09:46 PM
[ NO CHAINS JUST RIDE:2excited:

NancysToy
12-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Scotty,
You can "drive" to Grand Blanc and we'll set you up with a spyder fix.
I feel better just for the invitation. Thank you for lifting my spirits. Roads here still too treacherous to even take the cars out unless it is a necessity. If the extremely heavy rains stay north tomorrow, we may improve. If not, I'll be dealing with flooding issues. Flash freeze again for Sunday. Brutal winter here in West Michigan this year!
-Scotty

dltang
12-27-2008, 12:10 AM
I feel better just for the invitation. Thank you for lifting my spirits. Roads here still too treacherous to even take the cars out unless it is a necessity. If the extremely heavy rains stay north tomorrow, we may improve. If not, I'll be dealing with flooding issues. Flash freeze again for Sunday. Brutal winter here in West Michigan this year!
-Scotty
Well. it was raining for the ride home from work tonight but it was up to a whopping 42 degrees. It was actually a pleasant ride. I had my rain gear with me so I was prepared. They say tomorrow in the low 50's I can't wait. I am sure you will be getting some relief on your side of the state soon.