PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic Panel Removal?

Bam Bam and Pebbles
06-30-2015, 03:36 PM
Would removing the acoustic panels do anything about the heat build up without having the air scoops installed. Been doing a lot of riding in the 100 heat and looking for a quick fix before deciding whether to get the new scoops installed.

cptjam
06-30-2015, 03:43 PM
Remove right mirror, wind deflector, computer access panel, right side panel. Acoustic panel below that. 2 screws. Done.

Pirate looks at --
06-30-2015, 04:11 PM
The scoops really look good!

jtoro1
06-30-2015, 04:11 PM
Would removing the acoustic panels do anything about the heat build up without having the air scoops installed. Been doing a lot of riding in the 100 heat and looking for a quick fix before deciding whether to get the new scoops installed.

Yes I did it, less heat I would like to get the scoops.

Bam Bam and Pebbles
06-30-2015, 04:25 PM
Remove right mirror, wind deflector, computer access panel, right side panel. Acoustic panel below that. 2 screws. Done.

I assume there is a panel on both sides, correct?

Bob Denman
06-30-2015, 04:34 PM
:dontknow: It couldn't hurt to give it a try... :thumbup:

Bensonoid
06-30-2015, 04:40 PM
I would be curious to know how that would compare to having the scoops. Before the recall on mine I would stick my fingers under the seat in the gas cap area while riding and it was HOT. Now when I do it all I feel is cool air. It seems like there's negative pressure under the Tupperware now.

finless
06-30-2015, 05:43 PM
I assume there is a panel on both sides, correct?

Correct.

And you will see that the acoustic panels (which are pretty large) basically block any air from the stock vents under the mirrors. So I can totally see how removing them would help a little!

Bob

Bam Bam and Pebbles
06-30-2015, 06:47 PM
Thanks everyone. I am hoping this will help in the short term and shouldn't take too long to remove the panels. Now to find the time to do it. Working 13 hour days 6 days a week doesn't leave a whole lot of free time.