PDA

View Full Version : water in fuse panel

Jabbo
06-30-2015, 09:14 AM
Took a fantastic trip to Cody, Wy. Hauled the Spyder in my Voltage Toyhauler. We rode all over Yellowstone, hundreds of miles. Then the next day Bearthooth Highway. Beautiful scenery!! BUT on the way back to Cody, cruising about 70 she shut down! No Warning or dreaded orange screen. I figured it had to be electrical so I opened the frunk and opened the 2 fuse panels. The left one had a lot of water in it and some of the panel had bluish/green corrosion. I cleaned the corrosion with a knife and paper towel best I could. A few minutes later I tried to crank her and she cranked up. Drove about 100 more miles and she died again. Cleaned some more and we made it back to the campground. Only had to crank one more time to load in the Voltage. Got it home and really cleaned it all up and sprayed some WD 40 type spray. She seems to be doing fine now. My question is where could the water have come from? No rain but I did wash it a couple of weeks ago. Wonder if maybe the water went down into the switch I installed for my vader lights and followed the wires to the fuse panel. Any thoughts?

Jabbo

billybovine
06-30-2015, 09:45 AM
Took a fantastic trip to Cody, Wy. Hauled the Spyder in my Voltage Toyhauler. We rode all over Yellowstone, hundreds of miles. Then the next day Bearthooth Highway. Beautiful scenery!! BUT on the way back to Cody, cruising about 70 she shut down! No Warning or dreaded orange screen. I figured it had to be electrical so I opened the frunk and opened the 2 fuse panels. The left one had a lot of water in it and some of the panel had bluish/green corrosion. I cleaned the corrosion with a knife and paper towel best I could. A few minutes later I tried to crank her and she cranked up. Drove about 100 more miles and she died again. Cleaned some more and we made it back to the campground. Only had to crank one more time to load in the Voltage. Got it home and really cleaned it all up and sprayed some WD 40 type spray. She seems to be doing fine now. My question is where could the water have come from? No rain but I did wash it a couple of weeks ago. Wonder if maybe the water went down into the switch I installed for my vader lights and followed the wires to the fuse panel. Any thoughts?

Jabbo

What model year? For 2013 model year where to get new covers and the harness needed to sealed with liquid tape.

No matter the year if it is still under warranty notify your dealer.

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-30-2015, 09:51 AM
If you have never been in the FUSE box / Panel etc. then IMO it was not put on correctly in the first place......Putting it on can be tricky and it's not easy to tell if the seal is perfect........If not perfect water is going to get in there ................Mike :thumbup: