PDA

View Full Version : Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me

Joe T.
06-29-2015, 06:24 PM
Did anyone watch the 'docu-movie' on CNN last night called "Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me?"

Excellent.

Poignant, bittersweet, moving.

I am sure most of you know Glen Campbell has been battling Alzheimer's for several year. This movie was about his final tour. Over the period of about one year he deteriorated noticeably.

I am sure it will be aired again. Or, perhaps it will be on Netflix soon. Don't miss it if you are interested in learning more about Alzheimer's.

Joe T.

duke50
06-29-2015, 06:49 PM
Did see the show it was a must see for any Glen fan. The song "Not gonna miss you " pretty much says it all. So sad....

jaherbst
06-29-2015, 07:45 PM
Glen has been living in Phoenix now for quite a few years. Saw him in Tucson about five years ago after he stopped performing. Something few people know, he played with the Beach Boys for several years until they broke up. When I was still performing I used to sing several of his songs. By The Time I Get To Phoenix, written by Jimmy Webb-- Gentle On My Mind, written by John Hartford. (Album of the year and record of the year) His guitar and banjo playing was every bit as good as his singing and outgoing personality.

Jack

ARtraveler
06-29-2015, 07:56 PM
Glen has been living in Phoenix now for quite a few years. Saw him in Tucson about five years ago after he stopped performing. Something few people know, he played with the Beach Boys for several years until they broke up. When I was still performing I used to sing several of his songs. By The Time I Get To Phoenix, written by Jimmy Webb-- Gentle On My Mind, written by John Hartford. (Album of the year and record of the year) His guitar and banjo playing was every bit as good as his singing and outgoing personality.

Jack

Yes, he played a mean 12-String Guitar also. Have a 12-String guitar album by the "folkswingers. His guitar and hands are pictured on the front cover. You have to look on the back to see his name as the guitar player. Copyright 1963.

Bob Denman
06-30-2015, 07:36 AM
I saw it... :shocked:
Painful and poignant...

ottawa-rider
06-30-2015, 09:15 PM
For those interested that may have missed it (like me), it is playing on Friday (at least in Canada) on the Outdoor Life Network @ 9:00 pm.

pwm
07-01-2015, 08:59 AM
CNN telecast Glen Campbell…I’ll Be Me back-to-back on CNN/U.S. with limited commercial interruptions, sponsored by Eli Lilly and Company. Sister network, HLN, will encore the docu this Friday at 8 PM ET and the film will encore on CNN/U.S. on Saturday, July 4 at 9 PM ET.

ottawa-rider
07-01-2015, 02:58 PM
For those interested that may have missed it (like me), it is playing on Friday (at least in Canada) on the Outdoor Life Network @ 9:00 pm.

Actually, I was mistaken, it is not on OLN (Outdoor Life Network) but on HLN (Headline News) which I believe is part on CNN.