View Full Version : OEM Tool Kit

Deborahith
06-29-2015, 02:14 PM
Several months ago I bought a 2012 Spyder RT. I have been riding it and loving it but recently I tried to do some simple maintenance on it and realized that the OEM tool kit is missing. I can see where it should be under the seat, but it is not there. I bought it from a dealer (it was a trade in) so it is unlikely that I'd be able to track it down and try to get it back. I can easily get a universal tool kit to carry, but I wanted to know if it would be worth trying to track down the OEM kit? Is there anything unique in it that would be worth having? If so, does anyone know where I could find one?

Thanks,
D

ARtraveler
06-29-2015, 02:19 PM
Check in the Frunk, trunk, saddle bags, and any other nooks and crannies. Sometimes they find themselves behind the frunk liner.

If the OEM is available from dealer--good--I would not waste much time beyond that.

Some may suggest items for a make up set.

Add a set of torx heads and a socket handle.

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Is pretty much useless, when they gave you the digital tire pressure gauge that was nice. But if you are planning to actually work on the Spyder ( any) you should buy some basic things, it won't cost a fortune. And if you do even one OIL change the stuff will be FREEEEEEEEE............Then you start making a profit :clap: :roflblack:......Mike

JayBros
06-29-2015, 02:37 PM
+1 on Mike's comment. I prefer to have my own personal set of tools for on the road maintenance.

finless
06-29-2015, 03:01 PM
Since you say you have a 2012 the only thing missing in the kit you cannot get otherwise is the shock adjuster tool for setting the preload on the front shocks. 2013 and up does not have that.

Bob

vondalyn
06-29-2015, 03:05 PM
giving you a tire gauge?
Last week I came upon a small group of riders on the side of the road with a foot pump trying to fix a flat front tire. I stopped because I have a tire repair kit and a very small compressor. I asked if they needed any help and they said they needed a gauge, so I said "I have a gauge!" and got out the tool kit only to find that I did NOT have a gauge. My 2012 RT Limited had one (is that because it was a limited?). I felt bad for about 20 seconds until their foot pump broke, and they asked if I could get my compressor out. Thankfully that had a built-in gauge and we got them up in no time.

finless
06-29-2015, 03:06 PM
BRP stopped putting in the gauge in 2014.

Bob

Chupaca
06-29-2015, 03:25 PM
but if you don't find it, and the dealer can't track it down you can order it. Not great but have helped in a pinch...:thumbup:

Pampurrs
06-29-2015, 05:26 PM
I just got my 2015 RT-S three weeks ago and had the same issue. The manual said it's under the seat but I can't find it. So I called my dealer and he said it is "beneath" the seat. I looked beneath the seat, and lo and behold, there is a strap where the tool kit is 'supposed' to be. I have a garage full of quality tools, so I'm not going to worry about the cheap tool kit that comes with the Spyder. Whoever stole it can have it.

Pam

Bob Denman
06-29-2015, 06:40 PM
Tool Kit??
Get yourself a handful of Torx "stuff". They weren't in the kit.
Vise Grips
adjustable metric wrench,
Sockets and a driver
8mm
10mm
12 mm
13mm
15mm
I think that the rear axle takes a 36mm

safecracker
06-29-2015, 07:28 PM
Bob, I want one of those adjustable metric wrenches. :D:D:D

Yazz
06-29-2015, 07:53 PM
giving you a tire gauge?
Last week I came upon a small group of riders on the side of the road with a foot pump trying to fix a flat front tire. I stopped because I have a tire repair kit and a very small compressor. I asked if they needed any help and they said they needed a gauge, so I said "I have a gauge!" and got out the tool kit only to find that I did NOT have a gauge. My 2012 RT Limited had one (is that because it was a limited?). I felt bad for about 20 seconds until their foot pump broke, and they asked if I could get my compressor out. Thankfully that had a built-in gauge and we got them up in no time.

The F3 tool kit is pathetic. Glad it doesn't weigh much... :sour:

Bob Denman
06-30-2015, 07:18 AM
Bob, I want one of those adjustable metric wrenches. :D:D:D
:D I'm glad to see that SOMEBODY was paying attention!! :clap: :thumbup: :firstplace:

Did I mention that it should also be "left-handed"? :roflblack: