PDA

View Full Version : Ride ideas

GrobOhio
06-29-2015, 09:54 AM
For newbies like us, we are looking to ride more and more. We've never had a bike until 3 weeks ago when we bit the bullet and got ourselves an STS. I just wondered if any of you Ohio riders have some great places to stop or see within a two hour radius of us while we are getting started on riding (not ready for a long, long ride yet). We are in Summit County Ohio and thinking about a trip to Hartville next weekend. Just wondered if you guys had any great stops for us to make along the way?

Sempyder
06-29-2015, 11:36 AM
Download app BBR lite

"Bestbikingroads.com"

Should help

Sempert out,

ARtraveler
06-29-2015, 01:20 PM
:welcome: Cannot give a lot of good advice about Ohio. When I lived in Ft Wayne, IN, I used to like to sneak over into Ohio (15 miles away or so) and ride the county roads through the beautiful farmland. Good stuff!

Locals will come on with great rides. :yes:

Buckeye Bleau
08-30-2015, 04:43 PM
For newbies like us, we are looking to ride more and more. We've never had a bike until 3 weeks ago when we bit the bullet and got ourselves an STS. I just wondered if any of you Ohio riders have some great places to stop or see within a two hour radius of us while we are getting started on riding (not ready for a long, long ride yet). We are in Summit County Ohio and thinking about a trip to Hartville next weekend. Just wondered if you guys had any great stops for us to make along the way?

I have a great idea for you. Just South of Canton on I-77 is Dover. Visit the Warther Museum, the Earnet Warther Museum, it is incredible. He is said to have been the world's greatest carver and if you see what he did you may very well believe this as well. Locomotives, farm machinery and the simple wooden pliers are all incredible, nothing like it in the world. Go down 77 to the Dover Exit, turn Left, go under the highway, turn right and stay parallel to the highway, turn left about 0.5 miles where you will see the sign for Warthers and go over the bridge. It is an awesome little day trip. Close to Summit county.:bowdown:

nrg_pop
09-03-2015, 07:04 PM
I moved to Columbus after I retired and I took my first semi-long ride to Centerburg a few weeks ago and it was the best ride ever (rte 36, 612, etc...). Considering I have only had my Spyder for 2.5 months and I am not too experienced taking rides, I would say it is fun. By fun I mean, hils, curves and no cops:yes:.

rookieryder
09-15-2015, 06:33 PM

We are right around the corner from you in Hudson. Just bought a 2014 RT-Limited two weeks ago. We should meet up for a ride.

Holly and Sarah

Buckeye Bleau
02-16-2016, 03:33 PM
We are right around the corner from you in Hudson. Just bought a 2014 RT-Limited two weeks ago. We should meet up for a ride.

Holly and Sarah

So good to see all these "rookies", I never rode a bike until I retired in 2014, still never owned or rode a bike until I bought a Spyder on Ebay from a Cadillac, Indian, and Polaris dealer in Florida. I had Uship.com bring it up here and park it in my garage. My first bike ride was at 62 years old, taking the Spyder to the gas station, what a day. Two months after that I discovered that I had ridden the bike over 3,000 miles and they were no more than about 70 miles from home. I cannot stay of this dag gone thing.
Ryding in anything but snow and salt, but then that is all there is around here for now.

For those of you in Ohio, keep in mind that there is also Ohio Spyder Ryders for your pleasure. wwww.ohiospyderryders.org . They are reforming, reorganizing and rejuvenating!

For those of you in Summit county, let's get together, I am in Stark and would sure not mind seeing your Ryde and talking over a cup of coffee.

:yes:

seaweed
02-16-2016, 04:21 PM
http://www.motorcycleroads.com/ This site has some nice rydes also (well at least in my area).:D