PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure Sensors

2ndChildhood
06-29-2015, 07:32 AM
I just bought a new Garman GPS the 390 LM. It has a feature to monitor your tire pressure. So I decided to order one to see how it works because they're quite expensive. I didn't want to order three until I see how they work. Of course they don't tell you before you order it but there's a warning. The warning says "The tire pressure monitoring system is for use with metal tire valve stems only". My question is, is anyone using the tire pressure monitoring system and did not replace the valve stem and if so did you run into any problems?

ToM
Life is Great
Be Safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pitzerwm
06-29-2015, 08:01 AM
A number of us have the FoBos and it also says only use with metal stems. I think none of us changed ours. I think that our stems are so short that it doesn't matter.

finless
06-29-2015, 08:18 AM
After 3K miles on my FOBO system no issues.
In my video I show why. As was said the stems are so short the sensors are not over flexing the stems.

Now I cannot speak for other sensors! The FOBO's are pretty light. I have seen other systems where the sensors are 3 times the weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-41jcKzNuY

Bob

2ndChildhood
06-29-2015, 10:38 AM
After 3K miles on my FOBO system no issues.
In my video I show why. As was said the stems are so short the sensors are not over flexing the stems.

Now I cannot speak for other sensors! The FOBO's are pretty light. I have seen other systems where the sensors are 3 times the weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-41jcKzNuY

Bob

This what I like about this website the wealth of knowledge that people have it's absolutely fantastic. The sensors for my GPS are very small and lightweight what you have looks like it might be a little heavier so if you're not having problems I should be just fine also thank you very much for your help.

ToM
Life is Great
Be Safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tigerdr
06-29-2015, 10:42 AM
Fobo Bike are the best TPMS for motorcycle and Spyder.

jneg2
06-29-2015, 11:19 AM
FOBO works fine for me so far (1500mi)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

donkes
06-29-2015, 11:25 AM
many thanks for that piece

Dragonfly
06-29-2015, 06:23 PM
And another very happy FOBO TPMS user.

ursamajor35126
06-29-2015, 06:39 PM
+1 on the FOBO system....... three sensors on the bike, two on the trailer. It just works.... does what it says it does, no drama, no hassles.:yes::firstplace:

samewok
06-29-2015, 06:41 PM
I have had mine on for two years and no problems.