PDA

View Full Version : Can-Am License in KY

bobgeorge
06-28-2015, 06:00 PM
Hello,

I currently live in Virginia. In Virginia Can-Am riders have a M3 license vice M2 for motorcycles.

I am considering moving to KY. What are the license rules in KY?

Thank you!

ByronM
06-28-2015, 06:21 PM
Hello,

I currently live in Virginia. In Virginia Can-Am riders have a M3 license vice M2 for motorcycles.

I am considering moving to KY. What are the license rules in KY?

Thank you!

CanAm has a link on their site: http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/shopping-tools/license-requirements.html for that info.

bobgeorge
06-28-2015, 07:24 PM
CanAm has a link on their site: http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/shopping-tools/license-requirements.html for that info.

Thanks. I will have to check if my M3 license from VA will transfer to KY.

Brogers57
06-29-2015, 10:48 AM
Should transfer, motorcycles and trikes have the same licenses in KY. Where you moving to?

bobgeorge
06-29-2015, 10:51 AM
Should transfer, motorcycles and trikes have the same licenses in KY. Where you moving to?

Probably somewhere around Lexington. A lot of Can-am riders there?

Brogers57
06-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Here and there. I'm looking for some riders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobgeorge
06-29-2015, 12:43 PM
Here and there. I'm looking for some riders.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be moving there in the next year. I got my motorcycle license, but haven't bought a Can-am yet. If I move I might decide to buy when I get there.

Is the Can-Am dealer in Lexington the only one around? I would guess they have one in Louisville too.

kyace2003
06-30-2015, 11:08 AM
I live in Florence KY and drive to Lexington Motor Sports for my service, not a lot of choices in Northern KY for Can-Am dealers. Of the various dealers I have dealt with, I have found them to be on the up and up regarding service. I did not purchase from them therefore I cannot speak for the sales side of things.

Brogers57
06-30-2015, 11:25 AM
I didn't purchase mine there either but my services are completed there. Limited amount of dealers around and techs.

bobgeorge
06-30-2015, 12:21 PM
Did you all purchase your Can-Ams in Louisville or Cincinnati. I'm sure they have dealerships too.

Buying one in the DC area, getting it to KY would be a pain. I have my vehicle to drive there.

Brogers57
06-30-2015, 01:55 PM
My 2012 RS (sold) was bought in Jackson, TN(7hours away,awesome deal). My 14' RTS was bought from Louise Powersports(Greenville, TX, awesome left over deal) had it shipped to me for $640 bucks. Check out Imotorsports(sponsor here) as they do free shipping. I've bought a few things from them and have had awesome transactions. CC Powersports I believe doesn't carry Spyders in Louisville but sell them in Clarksville, IN which isn't too much further.

Did you all purchase your Can-Ams in Louisville or Cincinnati. I'm sure they have dealerships too.

Buying one in the DC area, getting it to KY would be a pain. I have my vehicle to drive there.