PDA

View Full Version : Live to ride. Ride to eat

gmcgarrity
06-28-2015, 12:12 PM
Rode 109 miles from Plainfield In to the Moonshine Store in Martinsville IL
It is worth the trip for their hamburger.
There was a line going out the front door.
Simple food low prices GREAT food.:clap:
It is the middle of nowhere so double check your GPS.
We missed a turn and spent some quality time touring the corn fields.
Check it out.

Ride safe

Geo

ARtraveler
06-28-2015, 12:52 PM
Sometimes, simple is best. We did Latitude 62 in Talkeetna AK yesterday. Fish & Chips and Shrimp & Chips baskets. Very good. Been hitting this place going on 15 years now.

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-28-2015, 02:36 PM
Dee and I both love :bbq:.....and we found two places one in Littleton NH. and the other in Waterbury Vt. ( 8 miles west of us.)....So we regularly take rides to NH to partake there, using different routes usually 75 to 100 miles each way.....Mike :thumbup:

sandeejs
06-28-2015, 04:33 PM
YES!!:yes:
I have been a regular at the Moonshine Lunch Run. Good fun, good food,
~Sandee~

Rode 109 miles from Plainfield In to the Moonshine Store in Martinsville IL
It is worth the trip for their hamburger.
There was a line going out the front door.
Simple food low prices GREAT food.:clap:
It is the middle of nowhere so double check your GPS.
We missed a turn and spent some quality time touring the corn fields.
Check it out.
Ride safe
Geo

Rockwall
06-28-2015, 06:58 PM
Biking is all about ridiculously long rides just for a lunch at a great dive!:doorag:

retread
06-28-2015, 07:56 PM
Been to Moonshine several times, the last Lunch Run I went to, there were bikes parked about a quarter mile in all four directions from the store.
If you like smoked food, try The Pig's Tail on SR 135 in Trafalgar.

john

Utah Geezer
06-28-2015, 08:07 PM
Any reason or excuse I can come up with to go for a ride is a good one.

Chupaca
06-28-2015, 10:47 PM
our club (Spyder Ryder Of America..San Diego) has a ryde last saturday of the month called.." 200 miles to lunch" great ryding 15+ spyders excellent food but could end up being 200 miles home again...:roflblack: or 2 miles...

Utah Geezer
06-28-2015, 11:08 PM
Anytime I make a ride to the California L.A. coast area I have to make it to Neptunes. Great seafood for bikers. Locally there is a pie shop about 40 miles up toward Pine Valley Mountain that most local bikers like to make a loop up and around to.

pegasus1300
06-28-2015, 11:21 PM
[QUOTE=Locally there is a pie shop about 40 miles up toward Pine Valley Mountain that most local bikers like to make a loop up and around to.[/QUOTE]

I love Veyo Pies. Their Pot Pies are delicious and so are the dessert pies. Make it their about once a year.

I also love the ride to Green River Ut for a burger and fries at Ray's Tavern. Great food and there are always bike groups or river runners there. I make that also about once a year.

Ex-Rocket
06-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Just yesterday, the wife and I rode a total of 320 miles to eat lunch. We had lunch at the Rattlesnake Saloon in Tuscumbia, Al. This place is a biker friendly and has a great atmosphere. The restruant is located under an overhanging stone cliff which is located down a steep hill. The food is great too.http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110523&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110524&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110525&stc=1

Just a few pictures to share.

Utah Geezer
06-29-2015, 07:11 PM
Give us a shout next time you are down this way. Few other really good spots to hit while in town. Bunch of us down here ride Spyders with a bunch more 2 wheel riders that we ride with as well.

Dennis

I love Veyo Pies. Their Pot Pies are delicious and so are the dessert pies. Make it their about once a year.

I also love the ride to Green River Ut for a burger and fries at Ray's Tavern. Great food and there are always bike groups or river runners there. I make that also about once a year.

jmbiii
06-29-2015, 08:03 PM
Darn, now I'm hungry! Any one know of good eats in the middle of West Virginy ?

missouriboy
06-30-2015, 02:37 PM
Live to ride
Ride to eat
Eat to live
(Repeat). (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?82775-Live-to-ride-Ride-to-eat):yes:

(All play and no work makes Jack a worthless boy. :doorag: )