06-25-2015, 06:59 PM
Hi all. Just got my Spyder and love it.

live in Goodyear az

jcasey
06-25-2015, 07:22 PM
Welcome to the zoo! Great info and people here!!:clap:

Chupaca
06-25-2015, 07:22 PM
To both this many times amazing site and the always awesome spyder world..congrats on the new ryde..:2thumbs: :nopic:

JayBros
06-25-2015, 07:23 PM
:congrats: & welcome!

stormtrooper
06-25-2015, 08:02 PM
:welcome: & :congrats: Good luck with your new toy :yes: :nopic:of your :spyder2:

BeRight
06-25-2015, 09:18 PM
:congrats::2thumbs::welcome:I lived in Arizona for one year and loved it.

fratzba
06-26-2015, 01:18 AM
:congrats:

Welcome!

-Fratz

ARtraveler
06-26-2015, 01:49 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder2:

Purple Guy
06-26-2015, 06:28 AM
:congrats: & :welcome:

:nopic:

Deer Slayer
06-26-2015, 06:31 AM
Welcome from Advance. :welcome::cheers:

donkes
06-26-2015, 06:59 AM
Welcome - you are in a great neighborhood

Rawhide kid
07-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Thanks all! I didn't get notice that I had replies. Need to figure that out....

Looking at some adds to do. Cup holder, bumpskid, etc.

reading this his site a lot. Great info here and good folk.

Thanks again all.

Pampurrs
07-07-2015, 10:22 PM

live in Goodyear az

*Waves from the depths of the East Valley* :congrats:

Pam

AZF3S
07-13-2015, 06:23 PM
Welcome Rawhide......

Looks like you're right down the road.

Rawhide kid
07-13-2015, 06:27 PM
Welcome Rawhide......

Looks like you're right down the road.
Yes indeed. Thanks for the welcome!

Pampurrs
07-13-2015, 07:32 PM

live in Goodyear az

:welcome: What did you ride before you went to the Spyder?

Pam

Rawhide kid
07-13-2015, 07:37 PM
I rode a 2003 Suzuki Burgman 650. Bought it new and love it, but ready for more. Still have it and prepping it to sell. Has 12k miles on it with a few Farkles. Great commuter bike. Got it up to 100mph once. Very comfy and easy to ride.

Pampurrs
07-13-2015, 07:53 PM
I rode a 2003 Suzuki Burgman 650. Bought it new and love it, but ready for more. Still have it and prepping it to sell. Has 12k miles on it with a few Farkles. Great commuter bike. Got it up to 100mph once. Very comfy and easy to ride.

You'll find the Spyder to be much easier on your body. I made it through 38 years and 5 motorcycles (Heavy ones) before my body finally told me to either get a rocking chair and learn how to knit, or get on three wheels. I'm not finished with my wind therapy, so I chose the latter.

Pam

Rawhide kid
07-17-2015, 03:53 PM
Woohoo! Got my registration, title, and plates today finally. Started ordering some farkles last night. I'll try some questions here but may start new thread.

I want ant to order the baja Ron swaybar and links to install, and also the lighted bumpskid.

Should I do the swaybar first for sure or does it matter? Will I have to uninstall the bumpskid to put the swaybar on? $650 or so for both, so may wait a bit to purchase.

Ordered drink2go cupholders and rivco foot pegs so far.

I also have a small dog (poodle size) that LOVES to ride. Was hoping to fit a tank bag on and remove the top for him to sit in. Haven't found anything yet. (See photo)

Delaying buying a driver backrest for now til I know I'll keep my seat.

Well, headed to home and garden show tomorrow at cardinals stadium. My first official ride since getting her home.

Mcubed45
07-17-2015, 05:51 PM
You're going to love your Spyder.

kbwitt
07-17-2015, 06:56 PM
E=Rawhide kid;997575]Hi all. Just got my Spyder and love it.

live in Goodyear az[/QUOTE]

Congratulations
Great another AZ spyder.
Check meet up .com there is a southwest spyder club
Kenn

YumaJim
07-17-2015, 07:01 PM
Congratulations on your new ryde and welcome to SpyderLovers. Good to have another "Zonie" on board! Give me a shout if you come through on your way to SD.

Gator37
07-17-2015, 07:06 PM

live in Goodyear az

Congratulations on the new Spyder. I lived in Avondale in what was the Avondale Circle during the 4 thru 6th grade in the late '40s Was a great place to grow up at the time.
Enjoy and ride safe. Good folks and info on this forum.

PrairieSpyder
07-17-2015, 08:36 PM
:congrats: Cute dog, but :nopic: of your Spyder?

Rawhide kid
07-17-2015, 08:45 PM
:congrats: Cute dog, but :nopic: of your Spyder?

Ok

Rawhide kid
07-17-2015, 08:46 PM
E=Rawhide kid;997575]Hi all. Just got my Spyder and love it.

live in Goodyear az

Congratulations
Great another AZ spyder.
Check meet up .com there is a southwest spyder club
Kenn[/QUOTE]

Yup. Already joined that club. Thanks!

Rawhide kid
02-26-2016, 11:34 PM
Hi all. I'm finally needing to get a complete service done on my spyder. I haven't heard good things about Ridenow Avondale. Heard better things about ridenow chandler.

Any recommendations out there? Estimated cost for a complete 3k inspection and service?

Thanks!

LJspydee
02-27-2016, 12:34 AM
Hi all. I'm finally needing to get a complete service done on my spyder. I haven't heard good things about Ridenow Avondale. Heard better things about ridenow chandler.

Any recommendations out there? Estimated cost for a complete 3k inspection and service?

Thanks!
I don't have good things to say about Chandler/Gilbert!

AppleSpyder
02-27-2016, 10:13 AM
If you're up for a ryde Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista does excellent work. They are a super dealership and pride themselves on customer satisfaction. They have a certified BRP mechanic that works on all the Spyders. In fact Sierra Cycles is hosting a bar-b-que (burgers and hot dogs) for the Spyder Ryders of the Southwest (Phoenix area ryders) and the Southern Arizona Spyders Ryders (Sierra Vista and Tucson area ryders) on March 12th. We are all going to meet at the dealership at noon for lunch and then ryde up to Bisbee. The Phoenix group will be spending the night in Bisbee and returning to Phoenix on Sunday. You are more than welcome to join us for food, fun, and festivities. You can check out the dealership then too. If you have any other questions please let me know......Cindy

Sierra Cycles
520-459-2589
2137 E Fry Blvd
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635

Pampurrs
02-27-2016, 10:27 AM

Thanks!

I have had excellent service at RideNow Chandler. They just moved to a larger location but I haven't been there yet. Ask for Drew, he's a great guy and will make sure you are taken care of.

I can't say much for the creeps in the sales department there, but Drew says the service departmant tries to distance themselves from the sales department.

Pam

Rawhide kid
03-28-2016, 01:38 PM
Fascinating. Ridenow Avondale/Goodyear wants $400 for the 3k oil filter change and checkup. Ridenow Chanlder, $210. Ridenow Surprise's service department is not open on Sunday and Monday's, so I have no idea what they would charge.

I think I'll stay very far away from Ridenow Goodyear. Continue to be very unimpressed with them. It also took me three calls with them to get the price. Not good.

If anyone has suggestions of where to go in west valley Phoenix, please let me know. Chandler is a solid hour drive for me. Spoke with Chris there and was impressed, but I'd really rather not drive that far unless I have to. (Which I may)

Thanks!

juscuz
03-28-2016, 02:05 PM
Ok

nice!!

Rawhide kid
03-30-2016, 11:51 AM
Fascinating. Ridenow Avondale/Goodyear wants $400 for the 3k oil filter change and checkup. Ridenow Chanlder, $210. Ridenow Surprise's service department is not open on Sunday and Monday's, so I have no idea what they would charge.

I think I'll stay very far away from Ridenow Goodyear. Continue to be very unimpressed with them. It also took me three calls with them to get the price. Not good.

If anyone has suggestions of where to go in west valley Phoenix, please let me know. Chandler is a solid hour drive for me. Spoke with Chris there and was impressed, but I'd really rather not drive that far unless I have to. (Which I may)

Thanks!

Fascinating. Just called Ridenow Surprise. This time, the guy was very nice, but came back after a 5 minute hold to say that the 3k price was "somewhere over $200, probably in the $3-400 range. We don't have a breakdown of the exact price as it has many different elements so I'd have to check on that and call you back."

At this point, I politely told him no, it was ok. That I'll go elsewhere. Told him of the bad rep that Ridenow has in the market, that I've gotten tremendously different prices for this service from Ridenow across the valley, and wide variety of competencies in the response. He bluntly said "ok thank you." And that was it.

I'll keep looking. May go to Chandler just to get it done. Really wish Sierra Vista was closer. Weekends are packed through May or I'd take a nice weekend trip to go down there. Sigh...

Anyone know of any non-Ridenow service centers for Spyder's in the Phoenix valley? I'll look around more. Getting tired of this.

Rawhide kid
03-30-2016, 04:03 PM
Anyone heard of adrenalin power sports in Casa Grande? From a service perspective are they good?

SierraCycles
03-31-2016, 01:11 PM
Fascinating. Just called Ridenow Surprise. This time, the guy was very nice, but came back after a 5 minute hold to say that the 3k price was "somewhere over $200, probably in the $3-400 range. We don't have a breakdown of the exact price as it has many different elements so I'd have to check on that and call you back."

At this point, I politely told him no, it was ok. That I'll go elsewhere. Told him of the bad rep that Ridenow has in the market, that I've gotten tremendously different prices for this service from Ridenow across the valley, and wide variety of competencies in the response. He bluntly said "ok thank you." And that was it.

I'll keep looking. May go to Chandler just to get it done. Really wish Sierra Vista was closer. Weekends are packed through May or I'd take a nice weekend trip to go down there. Sigh...

Anyone know of any non-Ridenow service centers for Spyder's in the Phoenix valley? I'll look around more. Getting tired of this.

We have an employee who commutes daily from Tucson, we can also arrange meeting you in Tucson and trailering your unit down here for service? I know it'd still be an hour+ drive each way for you but we'll gladly do that if you're interested???

If I can do anything let me know!

Thanks,

David

Bill Link
05-21-2016, 02:35 PM
I live near Brenda (1/2 way between Salome and Quartzsite) from Oct - Apr, Branson MO the rest of the year. Just got a '13 ST Limited from Lake Havasu power sports this spring. I'm looking for riders and events way out west.

Bill Link

Montery
05-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Hi
Welcome to our Spyder world from Lake Havasu City Arizona. Enjoy a great machine!!!!

AMTJIM
05-27-2016, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't recommend taking a Spyder to a outside source since they don't have any access to Can Am intranet/manuals or BUDDS link. The only non-spyder service I would consider is an Aprilia dealer(since the engines are also Rotax)with a good rep and for nothing more than oil and/or tire air, maybe some an emergency missing hardware replacement situation. You really need someone familiar with the machine, the connections and bodywork needs kids gloves and far beyond the old aggressive rip and tear of a simple bike.