PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer Issues

jglencurry
06-25-2015, 04:01 PM
From time to time, my analog speedometer on my 2014 ST-S shows as much as 10 MPH higher than the digital speedometer. Anyone else have this problem, and if so, what did you do about it? When I stop the engine, then turn it back on, the problem corrects itself. However, very annoying to have to do this. Thanks.

billybovine
06-25-2015, 04:08 PM
From time to time, my analog speedometer on my 2014 ST-S shows as much as 10 MPH higher than the digital speedometer. Anyone else have this problem, and if so, what did you do about it? When I stop the engine, then turn it back on, the problem corrects itself. However, very annoying to have to do this. Thanks.

I seem to remember maybe someone else having a similar problem a long time ago. So certainly not a common problem. Since both speedometers are from the same source it may mean a new Gauge Cluster is needed. Time to talk to your dealer. Let us know what happens.

jglencurry
06-25-2015, 04:13 PM
Thanks, it only has 1100 miles on it, so still have warranty.

Bob Denman
06-25-2015, 05:05 PM
While there have been instances of the analog gauges "sticking"; what would bother you more?
An inaccurate speedometer?
Or an inaccurate Odometer?:dontknow:
They don't have any way to import the odometer readings over to the new display...
Truthfully; I never look at the analog speedo any more... :D

pitzerwm
06-25-2015, 05:42 PM
I never paid attention to the analog one, but on a trip this weekend noticed that it was 15 miles over. At stop it registered 15mph, when I restarted it, it was back to correct and hasn't done it since. Since I'm pretty sure that there isn't a cable, it has to be using the same sensor. I know the digital was right because of my GPS, it has the the speed limit and your speed.

Chupaca
06-25-2015, 07:47 PM
Sticky guage I would think. Could clear up on it's own with time or a few quick speed changes to move the needle about. I have never noticed busy watching the road and keeping up with traffic when there is some and not carring if there isn't any...:thumbup:

Deer Slayer
06-25-2015, 09:04 PM
Analog is a joke in USA as the needle stays at the bottom. I changed to km one day just see it move!:duh:

Bob Denman
06-26-2015, 06:39 AM
:D It IS kind of fun to ride along at a speed that reads at over 120... :thumbup:

JayBros
06-26-2015, 08:16 AM
+1 on Billy's comment. That's what the warranty is for.

finless
06-26-2015, 10:11 AM
Funny..... I never even look at my analog speed gauge! Because it's range is so large, even at 70 the needle is way at the bottom.

But this question had me curious so I reviewed one of my videos to see what the digital says vs analog.

As you can see, mine is right on!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110367&d=1435331457

Bob