PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Update Question

ricford
06-25-2015, 02:36 PM
I have read the previous posts on warranties for the Spyder and they all seem to date from 2012. I know you've been too busy riding to notice but time has passed. The previous posts noted B.E.S.T. is sort of OK in that all Can-Am dealers honor it. But seem to suggest that it is of lesser value than other choices. Another name used was RPM One and Zurich, each with pro and con comments. One negative comment about the RPM One was that it is not universally Can Am dealer honored. It seems to be a crap shoot as to which one is the best value. MY dealer suggests RPM One as the warranty insurance of choice. So, THEY honor it but if I break down in East Overshoe Nebraska.. (there IS a dealership there, right?) will they honor the warranty. Any recent experience input would be helpful to me and new Spyder owners who seem to be growing in numbers. (There are over 100,000 on the road now) MY dealer said I had but 6 months from the date of sale to purchase the RPM One insurance and the price was just under a grand. Thanks in advance.

Ric Crawford
Calhoun, LA

ARtraveler
06-25-2015, 02:56 PM
:welcome: to the party.

RE: Extended Warranties: Can be your friend or part of the biggest scam that you have thrown your money into.

The warranty is only as good as the company selling it.

:spyder2: is a very complicated machine and you cannot just drive into any repair shop to have it fixed. That pretty much limits you to Can Am dealerships.

As mentioned, Best is the one that seems to be honored by all.

Before buying any "universal" extended warranty, it is good to check with Can Am dealer(s) to see if they will honor it. Am guessing most will not.

Same thing with service contracts purchased at dealer X. Dealer Y and Z may not honor them. Dealer X goes out of business, and you are left holding the bag in most cases.

Caveat Emptor--Let the Buyer Beware.

pitzerwm
06-25-2015, 05:56 PM
Why would a dealer refuse to do work on your bike. He might not want to bill the insurance company, which means that you pay the invoice and assuming that you get conformation from the ins. co. that it is covered, you send them the invoice.

I don't know PRM but Zurich is large Swiss company that owns Farmers and others. Read the fine print, some really don't cover anything.

pegasus1300
06-25-2015, 06:12 PM
I talked to my dealer (See my other post on this subject). If I want a warranty I have to buy an aftermarket one.I bought my Spyder second hand and after the factory had expired. The dealer does not know about Zurich. Can it be bought outside of a dealership? Is there a dealer who would sell it to me long distance? Anybody else tried to get an extebded warranty after their factory had expired?