PDA

View Full Version : CD 3rd brake light

Desert Spyder
06-24-2015, 03:47 PM
Somehow the lens cover on my Custom Dynamics Brake light got busted mysteriously. CD does not sell new covers, its a sealed unit. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do? The light still works. New lights costs over $200.

ARtraveler
06-24-2015, 06:30 PM
Somehow the lens cover on my Custom Dynamics Brake light got busted mysteriously. CD does not sell new covers, its a sealed unit. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do? The light still works. New lights costs over $200.

Have had three of them on my RT's. Over 75,000 total road miles. No malfunction of the lights or breakage of the lens.

Have you tried talking with CD about the issue? Maybe they will cut you some slack. The product is not cheap--but I am a supporter.

Desert Spyder
06-25-2015, 03:11 PM
Have had three of them on my RT's. Over 75,000 total road miles. No malfunction of the lights or breakage of the lens.

Have you tried talking with CD about the issue? Maybe they will cut you some slack. The product is not cheap--but I am a supporter.

I called them up and they can't help me. Its a great product. Maybe higher priced than it deserves to be. I don't know. Guess I can put an Okie Lens Cover (red celephane). I wonder if I can be pulled over for a broken tail light?

ARtraveler
06-25-2015, 03:14 PM
I called them up and they can't help me. Its a great product. Maybe higher priced than it deserves to be. I don't know. Guess I can put an Okie Lens Cover (red celephane). I wonder if I can be pulled over for a broken tail light?

Sorry that you got less than stellar results when contacting CD. Sometimes, companies lose a great opportunity for free advertising or endorsements. :dontknow:

Were I in charge--:roflblack::roflblack:--I would have tried to make the customer happy.

Desert Spyder
06-25-2015, 04:37 PM
Sorry that you got less than stellar results when contacting CD. Sometimes, companies lose a great opportunity for free advertising or endorsements. :dontknow:

Were I in charge--:roflblack::roflblack:--I would have tried to make the customer happy.

You the man, man

pitzerwm
06-25-2015, 05:27 PM
If the unit is just cracked maybe super glue/etc might work. If you are missing a piece, a bigger issue. Maybe find a piece of red lens in a junk yard, and cut it to fit. Maybe a pix would help us.

If you have any white light to the rear you can get a ticket.

Bob Denman
06-25-2015, 05:31 PM
:agree: A thin bead of epoxy over the crack (If that's all that it is), should keep it watertight. :thumbup:

Desert Spyder
06-25-2015, 05:54 PM
If the unit is just cracked maybe super glue/etc might work. If you are missing a piece, a bigger issue. Maybe find a piece of red lens in a junk yard, and cut it to fit. Maybe a pix would help us.

If you have any white light to the rear you can get a ticket.

Fortunately, they are red LED's. Just a small fraction of the lens is left.

stevedfive
06-25-2015, 07:08 PM
No, you won't get pulled over. Third, middle light is not required on the MC and the LEDs are red. If they were white, that would be a volation.