PDA

View Full Version : Passenger seat question - easy one!

BronzeF3
06-22-2015, 06:40 PM
Hi all,
just brogut my F3 home today and going through the the manual like a star pupil!
Easy question, does the passenger seat fully lock on both sides?
it seams when I try to lock it in place, only 1 side (right brake side) is locked in place. The left side is loosey goosey and does not seem to lock.

is this normal or am I incorrectly installing the seat?

thanks a million!!

hawkiii
06-22-2015, 07:23 PM
Its normal. There is only one post locking it in.

CanAmChris
06-22-2015, 07:26 PM
If you invert the passenger seat and look at the bottom, you will notice only one locking peg. It is on the right side.

jcasey
06-22-2015, 07:27 PM
:agree:

spydaman60
06-22-2015, 07:40 PM
there isn't one on the left because of the passenger sensor!:thumbup:

mikedoucette66
06-22-2015, 07:48 PM
What does the passenger sensor do??

ARtraveler
06-22-2015, 08:26 PM
:welcome:

All of the seats lock in on the right hand side only.

The seat is not going anywhere unless you have the ejector system activated. :roflblack::roflblack:

The passenger sensor is under the back part of the seat on the left side. It tells the "nanny" that there is someone on the back part of the seat. That will be taken into account by the computer in the event of a loss of control situation. The automatic VSS will handle a bit differently to account for the extra weight of the passenger.

SpyderAnn01
06-22-2015, 09:52 PM
Hi all,
just brogut my F3 home today and going through the the manual like a star pupil!
Easy question, does the passenger seat fully lock on both sides?
it seams when I try to lock it in place, only 1 side (right brake side) is locked in place. The left side is loosey goosey and does not seem to lock.

is this normal or am I incorrectly installing the seat?

thanks a million!!

Congratulations on your new F3 and on reading your manual. There was a lot of valuable info in it, wasn't there?