PDA

View Full Version : SpyderPops new LED imbedded Bump Skid - kudos

ChicoFowler
06-21-2015, 08:53 PM
I purchased the new LED imbedded BumpSkid from SpyderPops in February, and installed right before Spyder Fest. Love the product.
Just the other day, I noticed only about 25% of the lights on the right side were on....the rest were dark. Checked, no scuff marks, didn't remember running over any thing that would have hit the skid......Last night I looked up my purchase data, sent an email to Harvey (SpyderPops) inquiry about how to trouble shoot/fix my problem.....in less that 24 hours, Harvey responded and my problem is being taken care of. KUDOS to Harvey and SpyderPops for excellent customer appreciation and service. :clap::yes::clap::yes:

beadaholic
06-21-2015, 09:00 PM
How is it being fixed? Returned, replacement or troubleshooting? I am going to buy one of these, and being I am not in the US I would like to learn as much as possible. Thanks! That is great that he is taking care of it somehow!

Edsts
06-21-2015, 09:02 PM
Yes please let us know the out come as i three am ready to place an order .

THANKS,

Bob Denman
06-22-2015, 07:12 AM
:shocked: I'm curious about what happened... Please let us know what you find out! :thumbup:

And yes; they look GREAT on the bikes!
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109974&stc=1

ChicoFowler
06-22-2015, 09:53 AM
How is it being fixed? Returned, replacement or troubleshooting? I am going to buy one of these, and being I am not in the US I would like to learn as much as possible. Thanks! That is great that he is taking care of it somehow!

Full replacement at no cost. I was impressed that he took the time to respond to me either late Saturday night or early Sunday morning. I didn't expect to hear from him until Monday.

ChicoFowler
06-22-2015, 10:00 AM
:shocked: I'm curious about what happened... Please let us know what you find out! :thumbup:

And yes; they look GREAT on the bikes!
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109974&stc=1

The left side, looking at it from the front of the bike, had only about 25% of the lights working. Everything else was dark. I checked underneath of the skid to see if there were any scuff marks, but didn't see any. I noticed if I pushed gently where the light was lit and right next to where it wasn't lit, the other lights came on. When I removed the pressure the lights to the right side went off again. I did this a couple of times, but eventually no lights came on. I'm not expert of this, but it appears to be a wiring issue inside the light strip. Don't know, just a guess??? I'll post any additional information I find out that would be helpful.

beadaholic
06-22-2015, 10:22 AM
Good to know, for me it is tough because I ship to Texas, the guy there crosses the border with my stuff, pays taxes (doubt it but that is how he makes his money I suppose) and then ships to me using my choice of carrier. I save money on shipping usually especially if I look for free shipping to him and shipping inside of Mexico is pretty cheap like in the US, international mail is outrageous. But we pay 17% taxes here on just about everything, so it is not cheap. I would end up paying the taxes again on the skidplate, plus shipping to me (as I am sure they won't pay for that), so while it is good they replaced it, a fix in my case would have been better if possible. But you do what you have to do, and what options you have! I am glad they took care of you! That is GREAT! :clap:

Bob Denman
06-22-2015, 10:32 AM
:shocked: Would it just be easier for you to ride into Texas, and have it installed there? :dontknow: