PDA

View Full Version : Need your advice....is it a good deal

Johnny_Swindle
06-21-2015, 10:23 AM
Hello everyone....

I own a 2011 RT and love it. Have not gotten the chance to do much riding over the past year due to the fact that we are in the process of adopting a 16 year old. I have her all of the riding gear and she has to be "in the mood" to go riding. The problem is that I have to leave my wife at home so the daughter can ride with me.

I was talking with some friends so manage the trading ins for car dealerships and told them " if you run across a spyder and it is a good deal let me know." I got a call from them yesterday and told me to go look at an item their friend just took in on a trade for a motorhome......2011 RSS SE5.....4,500 miles....pristine condition....$10,000 firm.

If it is a good deal, what would I need to do to it so either myself or my wife would use it for long rides (2 hours or more)? And can it pull a trailer?

Thanks for all of your help.

Highwayman2013
06-21-2015, 10:42 AM
Sounds like a great deal and I am sure many have pulled trailers with them. You need to have whoever is going to ride it put some miles on it to see what changes they would like.

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-21-2015, 11:33 AM
Had one and loved it.........Any Spyder can pull any Trailer that meets the criteria etc.,........I would get a Utopia backrest , they are the most adjustable, and most comfortable IMHO......Also a backrest for the passenger is done easily with the brackets from " ROADKROME "..ANNNNNNNNNNNND a sponsor here ( custom dynamics ) sells handle bar risers for $129 that will make riding more comfortable , because you sit more up-right .........Mike

coz
06-21-2015, 01:18 PM
That sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Bob Denman
06-21-2015, 01:39 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109953&stc=1
Assuming that the bike is what they claim; it's a very good deal! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
06-21-2015, 02:41 PM
Pricing is not bad, RS models pretty iron clad as they relate to problems.

The RSS is the zoom, zoom, model--so may have been given some hard use.

Recommend have your dealer (or you can also look it up on BRP website) put in the VIN and check its service and ownership history.

Also have the general condition checked over. The motor home guy probably does not know diddly about the :spyder2:, so the salesman puffing is not your best advice.

Good luck on your hunt. Keep us posted. :clap:

Centurion
06-21-2015, 04:14 PM
That sounds like a good deal to me. I agree with others that an inspection by a dealer that you trust would reduce risk. If you decide to pass on the bike, then let the rest of us know where it can be found, lol!

Johnny_Swindle
06-21-2015, 05:37 PM
Thanks to everyone for the advice.....

PrairieSpyder
06-21-2015, 08:20 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109953&stc=1
Assuming that the bike is what they claim; it's a very good deal! :thumbup:

:agree: Is this second Spyder for you &/or the wife & not the 16 year old?

kep-up
06-21-2015, 08:45 PM
Thanks to everyone for the advice.....

If you don't buy it, tell me where it is and I'll buy it! then I'll have 2! Besides, the 2011 RSS is the BEST color scheme of the lot!

Bob Denman
06-23-2015, 01:40 PM
:shocked: He hasn't told us whether or not it's his yet... :shocked:

Johnny_Swindle
07-08-2015, 09:30 PM
Yes....I purchased it and it is for me....my wife will use the RT for now as it is more forgiving......the RSS will kick you in the a$$ and get away from you if you are not mindful of its power......

Now it is time for some farkles......

:shocked: He hasn't told us whether or not it's his yet... :shocked: