PDA

View Full Version : Different models, engines and the ST's future?

ViperWolf
06-21-2015, 08:11 AM
As I close in on a great deal for a 14 ST-S, I have begun doubting my potential purchase.

With the steadfast history of the RT line and the new popularity of the F3 I am starting to be curious about the future of the ST's.

I am concerned about a possible discontinuation of the model, thus creating a massive devaluation of the Spyder, as well as an eventual lack of parts/support, etc.

Even if you look at the activity here on Spyderlovers, the ST forum is on the low end of visitors and posts compared to all other sections.

I have a great deal pending, just a 5+ hour drive to get it, do you think it's just cold feet, or a legitimate concern.

thanks for your thoughts and stay safe,

WM

Bob Denman
06-21-2015, 08:24 AM
Make the deal... :thumbup:
They are a GREAT bike, and parts will be available for longer than you have it!
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109941&stc=1

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-21-2015, 11:58 AM
I have said this a few times here before, IMHO the bean counters at BRP may make the final decision.......The " V " twin will be dis-continued......I'm not saying the engine is BAD.....it's NOT.....it's just in / on the wrong platform..............Why do you think NHSTA is suing BRP over the 2013 RT fiasco.....Mike :thumbup:

ARtraveler
06-21-2015, 02:50 PM
Hard decision. A member of our club just bought the dealer's personal 2013 ST-S used. She is very happy with it.

If you like the bike, jump on the good deal.

If you want the latest, greatest, and are worried about residual value--it might be good to wait and see what is around the bend.

Personally, I have bought a couple 2 year old (new) motorcycles, as well as discontinued versions. Never had a problem or had buyers remorse.

Our 2011 RT was purchased late in 2012--we are very happy with it--even though it does not have a 1330 engine in it.

Darren111
06-21-2015, 03:09 PM
As I close in on a great deal for a 14 ST-S, I have begun doubting my potential purchase.

With the steadfast history of the RT line and the new popularity of the F3 I am starting to be curious about the future of the ST's.

I am concerned about a possible discontinuation of the model, thus creating a massive devaluation of the Spyder, as well as an eventual lack of parts/support, etc.

Even if you look at the activity here on Spyderlovers, the ST forum is on the low end of visitors and posts compared to all other sections.

I have a great deal pending, just a 5+ hour drive to get it, do you think it's just cold feet, or a legitimate concern.

thanks for your thoughts and stay safe,

WM

Also see teaser and new spyder posts

4 MARIE
06-21-2015, 04:45 PM
De-value ? I would recommend NO motorcycle as an investment.

Have you ridden the triple ? I really hoped it would replace the twin in every model.

If you like the Ryde, and the deal is right, don't overthink it, they are all great.