PDA

View Full Version : Any surprises??

Buelldog
12-21-2008, 08:21 PM
For those that have removed and re-installed their fenders after painting.....any surprises in the removal or re-install??
All wheels stay on during the process?Thanks for any feedback and time it took for removal!:dontknow:

ataDude
12-21-2008, 08:40 PM
For those that have removed and re-installed their fenders after painting.....any surprises in the removal or re-install??
All wheels stay on during the process?Thanks for any feedback and time it took for removal!:dontknow:

Each front fender has four bolts which hold them to the under-bracing. You need to take the front wheels off to get to them. Once the wheels are off, no big deal.

The front light electrical connections will be apparent once you have the bolts removed. The lights themselves clip onto the fenders. Lightly (pun) push up and rearward and they snap out.

Rear fender... no problems other than working in the limited space between the underside of the fender and the tire. Again, once loose, the electrical connection for the light is apparent.

Total time: 30 minutes to one hour (if you're a slacker like me) for removal, less time for install because you've been there / done that. :D

pphantom538
12-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Changed my fronts when they were painted. Agree with ATA, remove the wheel. The phantom black kit instructions seem to say you can do it without removing wheels. You can (I did it) but its much harder.