PDA

View Full Version : results on adjusting my elkas

cuznjohn
06-20-2015, 01:49 PM
ok being it is cool but raining, i went outside to adjust the front elka stage 1+r's on my bike. it was a very easy job to do. i measures the front of the bike from the tip of the frunk to the floor b4 i did the adjustment. i had 17 inches at that time and with my weight the bike would nose dive and sometimes bottom out.

so i raised the bike and adjusted the top ring 4 full turns, i also turned the rebound knob by two clicks to the right. when i lowered the bike and measured again, i now have 18 inches from tip of frunk to the floor. i won't be able to see how the bike handles until i get to go out and they are forecasting heavy rain for tomorrow. so i will give the results under a new topic so people interested can see what i think.

Bob Denman
06-20-2015, 05:34 PM
Thanks for this information! :thumbup:
Just be aware that might also need to adjust your headlight aim a little bit now.

cuznjohn
06-20-2015, 06:04 PM
i figured that but will see what it looks like later.

Bob Denman
06-21-2015, 08:41 AM
I pretty much figured, that you were on it! :thumbup:
Waiting on the results... :bbq::bbq::bbq:

garb55
06-21-2015, 10:33 AM
ok being it is cool but raining, i went outside to adjust the front elka stage 1+r's on my bike. it was a very easy job to do. i measures the front of the bike from the tip of the frunk to the floor b4 i did the adjustment. i had 17 inches at that time and with my weight the bike would nose dive and sometimes bottom out.

so i raised the bike and adjusted the top ring 4 full turns, i also turned the rebound knob by two clicks to the right. when i lowered the bike and measured again, i now have 18 inches from tip of frunk to the floor. i won't be able to see how the bike handles until i get to go out and they are forecasting heavy rain for tomorrow. so i will give the results under a new topic so people interested can see what i think.

I always ride in the rain
Dieting has not helped me loose any weight so I hope getting wet in the rain will help me shrink:clap:
Has not worked yet:banghead: