PDA

View Full Version : Hydrate

Cruzr Joe
06-18-2015, 09:21 PM
Just a reminder for folks during the warm weather ......................... Keep Hydrated ......................

We just finished a 2700 mile trip and on the last 400 miles we went through 12 16oz bottles of cold water.

Be sure to have plenty of cold water with you in case you get stranded somewhere in the heat.

We also always have several packages of peanut butter or similar crackers with us.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
06-19-2015, 06:55 AM
Thanks for this VERY important reminder!! :clap:
We've had several reports in here, of both rider and passenger alike starting to feel dizzy and disoriented... :shocked:
Let's all make sure, that nothing horrible happens!!

jwood4242
06-19-2015, 07:48 AM
I recently rode to south Texas and the best advice I received on taking a long trip was to stay hydrated. Because of the advise I installed a drink holder on my Spyder and kept a cooler in the trunk. I really didn't realize how dehydrated one can get in the sun, heat , and wind while riding. I found that I was consuming about 32 oz. every 100 miles in the 90 plus degree weather. Thanks again for the reminder.

Bob Denman
06-19-2015, 07:50 AM
;) And remember: once you get to your destination... the "Hydrating" can even become fun! :cheers: :D

JayBros
06-19-2015, 09:14 AM
One of the things to remember about hydration is you should begin before you start the riding. Yeah, it makes the first pit stop come earlier but that stop gives you an opportunity for a check. The clearer what you pass, the better your hydration level. Of course if you load up on vitamins that throws the color test out the window.

Bob Denman
06-19-2015, 09:22 AM
:shocked: Do we need a second opinion on the "pee-checks"? :D
Of course; you ARE correct... take note of any changes in this sort of thing, and don't wait for a developing problem to become worse!

Saluda
06-19-2015, 09:55 AM
Love ours.