PDA

View Full Version : Last ryde...

jeuchler
12-21-2008, 11:02 AM
OK, I guess it's time to surrender.

Ice storm, followed by 12 inches of snow, followed by another (they predict) 8 to 14 inches today.

I supposed it was finally time to winterize old PE #2929. My fantasy of putting one--or 3-- studded snow tires on the Spyder is gone.

(I couldn't believe how little traction I had trying to drive through 8 inches of snow with the thing! :joke:)

No, I didn't even expose it to any salt, just the white stuff. I must say that I was never a big fan of burnouts on asphalt with my vehicles (I'll watch YOU do one with yours and cheer you on, but not on MY tires, man) but I did have to do quite a few of them just trying to get back uphill to the garage.

It must have pretty comical to anyone who was watching. Yes, I waited 'til the lovely bride had gone out shopping before I did all this.

Tatt2r's right. It just looks sad now (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8240).

Happy Winter Solstice everyone! Yeah, that's right--it was still AUTUMN until today!

Roaddog2
12-21-2008, 01:57 PM
:agree:though it looks dam good with snow around it see you in the spring:spyder:
You get an "A" for effort.....:2thumbs:

Director
12-21-2008, 02:01 PM
OK, I guess it's time to surrender.

Ice storm, followed by 12 inches of snow, followed by another (they predict) 8 to 14 inches today.

I supposed it was finally time to winterize old PE #2929. My fantasy of putting one--or 3-- studded snow tires on the Spyder is gone.

(I couldn't believe how little traction I had trying to drive through 8 inches of snow with the thing! :joke:)

No, I didn't even expose it to any salt, just the white stuff. I must say that I was never a big fan of burnouts on asphalt with my vehicles (I'll watch YOU do one with yours and cheer you on, by not MY tires, man) but I did have to do quite a few of them just trying to get back uphill to the garage.

It must have pretty comical to anyone who was watching. Yes, I waited 'til the lovely bride had gone out shopping before I did all this.

Tatt2r's right. It just looks sad now (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8240).

Happy Winter Solstice everyone! Yeah, that's right--it was still AUTUMN until today!

Yep, it is a sad sight. We have had salt on our roads here for a while now, so I haven't been able to get out on Red October for over a month now.:(
Snow sucks.

NancysToy
12-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Yep, it is a sad sight. We have had salt on our roads here for a while now, so I haven't been able to get out on Red October for over a month now.:(
Snow sucks.
You sure won't get any argument from me!
-Scotty

SPYDERGUY1
12-21-2008, 03:58 PM
my poor baby has been hibernating for 2 months now, after bedding down mid october, had a few nice weeks as a surprise but did not take advantage. Reall should have as we are now going into week number 2 with near -40 deg temp and over a foot of snow. oOOOOOOO how I long for spring. The add ons are piling up in the garage and bike tucked away. Thinking , waiting and hoping for a quick spring.:sour:

dicko
12-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Looking at the snowy pics makes me wonder if Santa might even be riding a Red Spyder this year.

mike3069
12-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Ok, I give in. :shocked: It's officially time to switch rides!

Till I can get me and :spyder: to someplace without this white stuff,
I'll be using this as my riding equipment.

Smylinacha
12-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Now how did I know that you'd be out trying to ride your :spyder:in the snow!?:clap::rolleyes:

LDFIREWORKS
12-21-2008, 06:04 PM
keep ridding [snow chains]:2thumbs::cheers:

jeuchler
12-21-2008, 08:31 PM
my poor baby has been hibernating for 2 months now...we are now going into week number 2 with near -40 deg temp and over a foot of snow...

Yikes.

It physically hurt to read that, Spyderguy1. I don't think I've lived with worse than -20 for a week.

Good luck, and stay safe & warm.

(I promise not to whine about our piddly snowfalls anymore...)