PDA

View Full Version : Well that wasn't very smart

Lamonster
12-20-2008, 08:50 PM
About noon I got a wild hair to go for a little ride. I checked the radar and there was some rain but not much. I jumped on the Spyder and headed to Hot Springs again. Weather was good so I decided to take a run to Maggie Valley. That was about 80 miles into the ride. Things went down hill from there.

I then decided to go to Deals Gap because I knew there would be nobody there. Problem was it started raining a bit as I was heading through Cherokee. I was hoping it would let up but it never did. I made it to Deals gap and I was soaking wet. From there I had another 120 miles to get home so needless to say I was a wet and cold puppy when I got home. I had 80 dry miles and 200 wet miles.:sour:

Smylinacha
12-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Time for electric gear w/ a waterproof rainsuit! You ride enough you should ride in comfort!:thumbup:

frleo
12-20-2008, 09:16 PM
It never got above 21F here today, with roads ice and snow covered. You'd have been a block of ice after a 300 mi. rYde here.
I did get out on the 500 Outlander a couple of times for farm chores.(3 layers)
---leo---

NancysToy
12-20-2008, 09:32 PM
I always carry a rainsuit in the trunk or saddlebags. Never know when you may need it. They also provide an extra layer of wind-blocking warmth if it suddenly gets cold.
-Scotty

hondaman
12-20-2008, 10:22 PM
just got back from a party tonight,on the way back of 60 miles it was raining,37 and dark.Just glad the fire was still going at home

FANG
12-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Sorry to hear you had a cold wet day. But if I guess Lamont you still had a good time ryding. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/bowing-036.gif :congrats: :doorag:

Sopher
12-21-2008, 12:14 AM
As you have heard from the weather reports...
From the great lakes over to the entire New England region... I'm located just north of Boston.

Yesterday we got hit with 8-12" of snow. Now the temperature is dropping from high teens to single digits and the snow is turning into freezer ice.
Sunday night will bring another storm of 8+" to the area.

And Sunday is the first day of Winter. drats!

Lamonster
12-21-2008, 09:46 AM
It's suppose to get down to 11 tonight. :yikes:

One of the reasons I went for a ride is I wanted to put a few miles on the Juice Box I got from Magic Man. He's the one that made me do it. :p

I ran with the settings it comes with. I can't say I saw any huge difference. It seemed to pull harder from 5K on up and the low end was nice and crisp but it was pretty crisp before I put it on. At least it didn't make it any worst.

I ran about as hard as I could on the way out to Maggie Valley and still got 34 mpg. That's less than I was getting but I am adding more fuel. I think if you want to take full advantage of this unit you need to get it on the dyno. You can do some seat of the pants tuning but unless you have some lean issues like surging or popping you're not going to tell a whole lot. I'll play with it some more when the weather clears up. Got a little dirty yesterday. :sour:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=485

Director
12-21-2008, 09:58 AM
It's suppose to get down to 11 tonight. :yikes:

One of the reasons I went for a ride is I wanted to put a few miles on the Juice Box I got from Magic Man. He's the one that made me do it. :p

I ran with the settings it comes with. I can't say I saw any huge difference. It seemed to pull harder from 5K on up and the low end was nice and crisp but it was pretty crisp before I put it on. At least it didn't make it any worst.

I ran about as hard as I could on the way out to Maggie Valley and still got 34 mpg. That's less than I was getting but I am adding more fuel. I think if you want to take full advantage of this unit you need to get it on the dyno. You can do some seat of the pants tuning but unless you have some lean issues like surging or popping you're not going to tell a whole lot. I'll play with it some more when the weather clears up. Got a little dirty yesterday. :sour:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=485
Whoa! Looks like you were off-roading, Lamont!:yikes::D

tatt2r
12-21-2008, 10:49 AM
i would trade 200 mile of rain for 200 miles of snow .....:coffee:

Roaddog2
12-21-2008, 02:15 PM
i would trade 200 mile of rain for 200 miles of snow .....:coffee:That's a fact :agree::coffee:

frleo
12-21-2008, 02:25 PM
>>put a few miles on the Juice Box<<

I've been reading the threads about "juice box" but have no idea what that might be -- enlighten me, please.
I keep having a mental pictures of grape or orange juice box.

---leo---

Sopher
12-21-2008, 10:17 PM
How would this work for a Stock muffler?
I went back to stock since I could not stand the headache from the Micron. How would the Juice box run with a SuperTrapp?

ataDude
12-21-2008, 10:25 PM
It's a "black box" to allow some enrichment to the fuel delivery.

>>put a few miles on the Juice Box<<

I've been reading the threads about "juice box" but have no idea what that might be -- enlighten me, please.
I keep having a mental pictures of grape or orange juice box.

---leo---

ataDude
12-21-2008, 10:26 PM
How would this work for a Stock muffler?
I went back to stock since I could not stand the headache from the Micron. How would the Juice box run with a SuperTrapp?

Hey, Sopher. I'm not sure you need it for the Trapps unless you're running about six disks or more.

Sopher
12-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Thanks. I love mods, but not if I dont need them.:D