PDA

View Full Version : SE5 NO GO

bnlrobinson
12-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Hopefully someone can help explain what happened???????
This afternoon I went for a ride:2thumbs:. It was about 55 degrees out and it started raining (not to hard). I had ridden about 5 miles in the rain when I came to a stop, made a right turn, shifted into 2nd gear and the bike wouldn't go. It never shutdown but I couldn't get it out of 2nd. I turned it off and pushed it off to the side of the road. It took about 3 minutes and 4 restarts before it went into nuetral and away we went.
Any body have any suggestions about what could have happened? I also hit the 1,000 mile mark today.:thumbup:
This was a demo that I got from the dealer, it had 700 miles when I bought it on 12/02/08.

zzneonzz
12-20-2008, 01:39 AM
Sounds like the Shift Sensor to me. There is a Service Bullitin for this very issue. There are several pots on this forum regarding this same issue

bone crusher
12-20-2008, 02:01 AM
I feel so bad for all the SE5 owners...

I don't want too many tomatoes thrown at me here but...to all those thinking of getting a SE5...DON'T GET ONE!!!!

GET THE SM5...LESS PROBLEMS AND MORE FUN!!!

Sorry...not intending to offend anyone...but, with all the problems this bike is having, I'd avoid getting one for some time...go with the SM5...you'll have less problems and have a ride that is more fun...

shunkmanitu
12-20-2008, 06:08 AM
I feel so bad for all the SE5 owners...
I stomped, fumed,and cursed till BRP finally got it fixed but I again have the COOLEST RIDE in the DaVita Dialysis parking lot! It is even better than the 150 mph capable red Caddy I park next to. Heck, I even get as good milage as he does! Who cares now that gas is only $1.599/gal!!!!

As soon as the fog burns off this morning I am riding out to the Alabama Farm and sit on the back porch and drink tea. The sun will be out, friends are going to drop by, and it will hit at least seventy today! No Love Bugs in my chest hair this time of the year either!

GI Jane
12-20-2008, 06:52 AM
Bone Crusher:

Don't feel bad for me. I love my SE5 and haven't had any problems.

Dennis-SE5
12-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Love my SE5. Have not had these problems. Must be a lucky:spyder:.

zzneonzz
12-20-2008, 09:10 AM
I love my SE5 have had a few minor issue's with it but nothing deal braking. Its the funnest thing i have ever owned! So no need to feel sorry for me for owning a SE5

igor
12-20-2008, 09:16 AM
for me also NOT.........SE 5 is great

bob duffield
12-20-2008, 01:37 PM
We love our SE5 and too have had no problems.

bone crusher
12-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Fair enough...for those of you whose SE5 is working well...ryde with the wind...

For many who are having problems, I hope BRP gets them figured out soon...our Spyders should only bring us joy, not headaches!

bnlrobinson
12-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Yes I still would have bought the SE5. I went to the dealer today and they are very interested in me bringing it in for them to take a look at it as they say they haven't seen any problems with them at all (probably because I bought the only one from them). Anyway I love my:spyder:. So Monday we will bundle up and head to columbus (its only suppose to be around 20). But a cold :spyder:ride is better than no :spyder: ride.:thumbup:

Star Cruiser
12-21-2008, 01:47 AM
[quote=bone crusher;64951]I feel so bad for all the SE5 owners...quote]

I Love my SE5 as well - no issues at all.

Paingod
12-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Bone Crusher:

Don't feel bad for me. I love my SE5 and haven't had any problems.

X2.......manual is too much work!!! but I am Lazy!:joke:

pphantom538
12-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Had similar problems. Taking it in next week for the 600 chek and intend to get the service bulletin issue addressed. In the meantime have been carrying an extra wrench to manually change the gear if necessary. Doesn't happen often but its stinks when it does.

Paul