12-19-2008, 08:37 PM
:2thumbs:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=480

tatt2r
12-19-2008, 08:42 PM
well how's it go?

Derwin
12-19-2008, 08:42 PM
What is that Juice Box, Lamont, some kind of radar?

IMRU3
12-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Hello, Lamonster... how is you juice box secured to the yellow panel? Have you tested it yet? How is the performance?

Lamonster
12-19-2008, 08:56 PM
One of the reasons I rode today is to have it fresh in my head how she rides.

I spent most of the afternoon installing it and taking pics. To get it to mount where it is now I had to solder a couple of wires to make them longer. The box is hook and loop to the top and I have some blocks under the two oustside ends to give it support.

The hardest part of the install was getting to the injectors without taking the air box off. I came up with a little trick for the right side that worked great. :doorag:

Didn't get to run it yet, hope I can some time tomorrow if the weather holds. I'll report back when I do.

Lamonster
12-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Oh, buy the way I forgot to say I got mine from No Magic:doorag:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8132

ataDude
12-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Lamont... I assume you've read the instructions by now.

1. Do I see it right that is may allow changes among eight or so different RPM bands? The old Techlusion boxes allowed just three very wide band adjustments... like a carb's idle jet, needle and main jet.

2. Does it allow you to enrichen AND lean out those bands? No leaning was permitted on the older boxes... it just enrichened the mixture.

:chat: ?????

Lamonster
12-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Near as I can tell you can't take away fuel like you can a power commander. And no I haven't read the instructions yet. :opps:

Magic Man
12-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Lamont... I assume you've read the instructions by now.

1. Do I see it right that is may allow changes among eight or so different RPM bands? The old Techlusion boxes allowed just three very wide band adjustments... like a carb's idle jet, needle and main jet.

2. Does it allow you to enrichen AND lean out those bands? No leaning was permitted on the older boxes... it just enrichened the mixture.

:chat: ?????

The system has 6 adjustment modes. Although only 5 (2-6) make any changes to the system.

The system can go as lean as a stock bike, but no leaner. (I think they are afraid that people might get it too lean melt down their bikes, then blame them) Going too rich if you get carried away might ruin a set of plugs, but at least you won't fry anything.:dontknow:

Some of the adjustment modes are for how quickly the box makes the transitions between the different modes, and also how quickly the full on posistion kicks in.

MM

ataDude
12-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks, guys!

Near as I can tell you can't take away fuel like you can a power commander. And no I haven't read the instructions yet. :opps:

The system has 6 adjustment modes. Although only 5 (2-6) make any changes to the system.

The system can go as lean as a stock bike, but no leaner. (I think they are afraid that people might get it too lean melt down their bikes, then blame them) Going too rich if you get carried away might ruin a set of plugs, but at least you won't fry anything.:dontknow:

Some of the adjustment modes are for how quickly the box makes the transitions between the different modes, and also how quickly the full on posistion kicks in.

MM

jeuchler
12-20-2008, 07:20 AM
What is that Juice Box, Lamont, some kind of radar?

On an unrelated note to the juice box,

that's quite the, er...modification to your avatar there, Derwin...

(No more flux capacitor?):joke:

Lamonster
12-20-2008, 08:14 AM
That's not exactly true.... Overfueling can wash oil off of cylinder walls, leading to premature piston ring wear, oil dilution, and compression loss. Too much fuel will also lead to carbon build-up, creating hot spots that can cause detonation. If someone is still running the stock Spyder exhaust, too much fuel will load the catalytic prematurely.

Fuel tuning on today's engines is a fairly fine line, straying too far on either side has its own set of risks.

Have you ever had so much fuel that you've washed down your cylinders? I have and that's when I had flame throwers on my Valkyrie. The way the system worked is it would cut the ignition off while you were running and then take that perfect fuel/air and light it off from a sparkplug in the rear of the pipes. It took raw fuel with zero burn to cause any issues. Me and a few other guys did this for over a year before we had any issues.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=482
We all had to rebuild our motors after that but it was worth it for the fun we got out of it.
I'm pretty sure, you'll be fouling plugs way before you have a cylinder wash down.

Bad fuel will cause carbon build up faster than too much fuel and I don't see why anyone would buy a Juice box that was running a stock pipe.

There is no fine line on tuning an FI motor as opposed to a carburetor motor. The air fuel raitos are still the same as far as what is too lean or too rich. The only real difference is you have much more control over these perameters with FI.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=356&pictureid=2783

Lamonster
12-20-2008, 08:35 AM
While I was searching around for that chart I ran across this.
How to build a 64 hp Stage 1 kit out of a 1340cc evo.
http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/hdbuildstage1.htm

I'm sure glad they put that little 998cc Rotax in our Spyder. :thumbup::doorag:

Lamonster
12-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Found a old video of when I first hooked it up on the Valk. :doorag: It didn't work too good sitting still but it worked great going down the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hud3nIs6lIE

Lamonster
12-20-2008, 08:59 AM
:agree: and I hope that anyone who would buy one of these would be somewhat of a gearhead or at least take it to someone who was.:doorag:

and I guess I corrected my post before you quoted it. ;)

effgjamis
01-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Lamonster>

Now that you have spent some time with the Juice Box, what is your evaluation overall function?
Has it provided any mileage increase?
More power when needed?
As to stock exhaust?
I am primarly thinking of mileage performance.

Thanks

Lamonster
01-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Lamonster>

Now that you have spent some time with the Juice Box, what is your evaluation overall function?
Has it provided any mileage increase?
More power when needed?
As to stock exhaust?
I am primarly thinking of mileage performance.

Thanks

My mileage has gone down a bit. This unit will only add fuel, not take away from the stock fuel map.

I really wish I could get this on a dyno and see what it's doing. Right now I can't say it's doing much to be honest. :dontknow:

effgjamis
01-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Thank you Lamonster.

proudcoppop
01-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Probably a dumb question but since I am a Spyder newbie what is the classy looking emblem with the spyder over the ignition? Is it an aftermarket part, a lock or???

Director
01-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Probably a dumb question but since I am a Spyder newbie what is the classy looking emblem with the spyder over the ignition? Is it an aftermarket part, a lock or???

That is a one-off Lamonster modification. See the following link:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4722

Bruce

proudcoppop
01-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Very creative - thanks for the information!
Ted