PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Sound

wengerda
06-15-2015, 06:30 AM
Question. My Spider has over 2800 miles and I am getting ready to take my bike for the 3000 miles service. When I ride between 4mph and 12mph I heard some kind of squeak or like a flat tire sound (wobble), to hard to pinpoint maybe the sound comes from the rear tire area or in the center of the bike not sure. I checked the air pressure and they are good. What this sound could be? Why I ask? I don't have a great dealer in the area, and if possible I want to pinpoint the issue for them to troubleshoot it. Thanks.

Bob Denman
06-15-2015, 08:04 AM
Could it be that the brakes are dragging just a little bit? :dontknow:

wengerda
06-15-2015, 10:05 AM
Could it be that the brakes are dragging just a little bit? :dontknow:

That is what I am thinking, is that an issue? Is the brake will worn premature due to the dragging?

Bob Denman
06-15-2015, 10:09 AM
There's actually nothing in the system to retract the pads from the rotor... :shocked:
Sometimes; cleaning the pins that they slide on, helps... :thumbup:

wengerda
06-15-2015, 10:43 AM
There's actually nothing in the system to retract the pads from the rotor... :shocked:
Sometimes; cleaning the pins that they slide on, helps... :thumbup:

Well if that is the problem with only having to clean the pin, then it not a big problem. My first 3000 miles were enjoyable, and no oil burning. :rolleyes:

markyodo
06-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Well if that is the problem with only having to clean the pin, then it not a big problem. My first 3000 miles were enjoyable, and no oil burning. :rolleyes:

I listed 2 things for the dealer/service to check and fix when I had my 3000 service done.
1) Rubbing sound when warm 2) Squeaky brakes right side of the Spyder that get worse as they warm up.

I was really surprised when they told me they cleaned the brakes and that squeaky brakes were just "a thing" with the Spyder's.
Neither issue has been resolved. I'm not a complainer, but the longer I continue to ride this $22k+ vehicle the more annoyed I am getting with this issue.

Bob Denman
06-15-2015, 11:46 AM

:clap: Glad to hear it! :2thumbs:

wengerda
06-15-2015, 12:53 PM
I listed 2 things for the dealer/service to check and fix when I had my 3000 service done.
1) Rubbing sound when warm 2) Squeaky brakes right side of the Spyder that get worse as they warm up.

I was really surprised when they told me they cleaned the brakes and that squeaky brakes were just "a thing" with the Spyder's.
Neither issue has been resolved. I'm not a complainer, but the longer I continue to ride this $22k+ vehicle the more annoyed I am getting with this issue.

It is sad, but it does appear that I have the same issue. Squeaky brakes doubt they will do something, but the rubbing sound, wobbling sound at low speed will suck. That wobbling sound started a few weeks ago:banghead:.

wengerda
06-15-2015, 01:04 PM
Okay where is the spring I suppose to clean near of the caliper? Pic will be appreciated. :banghead: