PDA

View Full Version : Changing my exhaust

Spyder601
06-14-2015, 10:02 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109614&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109614&stc=1So I have apparently stripped this out and can't get the nut on the back side of the spring to break because the entire bolt keeps spinning. I have tried vice grips on the bolt and it still spins. Any advice how to get this dang bolt loose. Everything else is loose and ready to be replaced this one thing is preventing me from putting the exhaust on!! uGh

cptjam
06-14-2015, 10:23 PM
1. Tighten the vise grips! Apply plenty of liquid wrench. Bolt should break loose.
2. Hacksaw to the bolts
3. Dremel cut off wheel to the bolts
4. Drill thru the stripped bolt, remove head of bolt.
5. Remove cat, muffler together, Install cat bypass, attach muffler.
6. Apply heat to nut with torch.
7. Weld a hex head to the stripped Allen, remove with a wrench.
Keep trying until it is off and pitched! Joe

Spyder601
06-14-2015, 10:43 PM
1. Tighten the vise grips! Apply plenty of liquid wrench. Bolt should break loose.
2. Hacksaw to the bolts
3. Dremel cut off wheel to the bolts
4. Drill thru the stripped bolt, remove head of bolt.
5. Remove cat, muffler together, Install cat bypass, attach muffler.
6. Apply heat to nut with torch.
7. Weld a hex head to the stripped Allen, remove with a wrench.
Keep trying until it is off and pitched! Joe

That about covers it! Thanks

Jaymac
06-14-2015, 10:53 PM
Great ideas. The only other thing I could think of is u seem to have a lot of threads sticking out. Try 2 nuts on the end tightened and locked against each other, then us those to hold the bolt steady while u get your first nut most of the way off.

Spyder601
06-15-2015, 10:45 PM
Liquid wrench and new "better" vise grips and she's done thanks for the ideas

Spyder601
06-16-2015, 09:03 AM
Finished product HMF Blackout

AY4B
06-18-2015, 07:44 AM
I had the same problem when I got my Akropovoc. Those bolts are a bear to get off. I ended up cutting them off, the outside one with a cut off wheel and the inside one with a reciprocating saw. I just got an email saying my new tip Is being shipped, should get here tomorrow. I had dropped the silencer on install and broke the tip.

Flamewinger
07-09-2015, 08:14 PM
At first they were not budging but I sprayed some WD40 and let that soak in for an hour, and went back to loosen them and used the stock
Muffler to stop the one wrench while I pulled on the other wrench and they broke loose.

The Akrapovik sounds nice and rumbly. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loisk
07-09-2015, 08:37 PM
Glad we're not alone. Yep, we ended up with one bolt still stuck on and one off but with the hex head wrecked. So off to the dealer - AUD 13 per bolt (not sure if this included the nut) and wait while they order them in ... don't think so Tim ... down to nearby economy bolts shop, $3.95 for a pair - including nuts. So we're good to go... It's always an adventure working on the spyder, but worth it!