PDA

View Full Version : FLASHING CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ????????

poordom
06-13-2015, 05:11 PM
Good afternoon All,

Something bizarre happened this afternoon.

Trike running well, then I filled up at service station, within minutes the flashing check engine light came on.

I check the gas cap, seemed O.K. the tank was really full.

I soon realized that I had filled up with regular octane, as opposed to the recommended higher octane.

Can the wrong fuel selection, cause the check engine light to come on.

Regards

Dom

Lin
06-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Here is some valuable info for you.
http://www.spyderhelp.com/Menu%20Panels/StartMobile.aspx (http://www.spyderhelp.com/)

JKMSPYDER
06-13-2015, 05:55 PM
​I have filled up with regular occasionally and have never had the check engine light come on.

Dudley
06-13-2015, 06:08 PM
Good afternoon All,

Something bizarre happened this afternoon.

Trike running well, then I filled up at service station, within minutes the flashing check engine light came on.

I check the gas cap, seemed O.K. the tank was really full.

I soon realized that I had filled up with regular octane, as opposed to the recommended higher octane.

Can the wrong fuel selection, cause the check engine light to come on.

Regards

Dom

Was it really hot? Did the light o away when you rode it? Did you try to turn it off, pull the key and walk away for about 5 minutes? Not much for us to go on. What year and model?

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-13-2015, 06:42 PM
NO................I use Regular all the time and works fine ......Mike :thumbup:

4 MARIE
06-14-2015, 12:31 AM
UH.....NO.

poordom
06-14-2015, 09:40 AM
Good morning All,

As requested, more info. on my spyder.

It is a 2013 RTS
14000 kilometers or about 8500 miles
First fill up after recent recall completed.
The reason I suspected the choice of fuel as being the culprit, simply because the fill up was done after the work was completed on recent recall.
Maybe it is because I filled the gas tank to the maximum.
After the fill up, when I restarted the Spyder, the light came on immediately, I parked the trike, removed the key, and went for an ice cream, about 20 minutes later, I started the trike, and the light came right back on.

I will call the dealer tomorrow, from what I understand, the heat recall consisted in installing the air scoops and something to do with the fuel lines, so maybe ????????

Dom

Mexican
06-14-2015, 10:31 AM
NO................I use Regular all the time and works fine ......Mike :thumbup:
That is all i use, no problemas

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-14-2015, 03:57 PM
That is all i use, no problemas

:thumbup: :agree:......You and I are some of the few enlightened ones...:2thumbs:......Mike