PDA

View Full Version : Recall On 2013 RT for the HEAT PROBLEMS

AH-NO-1
06-12-2015, 02:10 PM
I have received the recall notice and when I called the dealer, he said to bring it in and they would check to see if it was one that needed to be repaired. I thought all were on the recall. What are the parts that are in the kits that everyone says that their dealer have ordered.
My second question is that I want to install a Stebel Mini Nautilus Air Horn. I could use some help on the electrical hook-up and a good place to install the horn. Thanks in advance for your help in these matters. Thanks Dave

Magdave
06-12-2015, 02:16 PM
I have received the recall notice and when I called the dealer, he said to bring it in and they would check to see if it was one that needed to be repaired. I thought all were on the recall. What are the parts that are in the kits that everyone says that their dealer have ordered.
My second question is that I want to install a Stebel Mini Nautilus Air Horn. I could use some help on the electrical hook-up and a good place to install the horn. Thanks in advance for your help in these matters. Thanks Dave
Tell them BRP told you ALL 2013 RT's are being recalled there is no need for you to go there (you do have an RT right?) and to order the kit and you will drop it off. I got a similar run around and that is what I did.:thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-12-2015, 03:02 PM
Hi David!
Regarding the horn: check with "Finless". He put one in his 2011, and I think that he even posted a video about it.
And good luck with the recall... :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
06-12-2015, 05:05 PM
Your dealer sounds like an idiot. Do like MagDave said, tell them to order the kit and you will bring in the Spyder when the parts are there.

poordom
06-12-2015, 05:20 PM
Good afternoon All,

I had my recall done this week.

Picked up the trike early this morning, looks nice, 2 small scoops were intalled.

The idea, to force air into the engine bay, too early to tell if the modifications will improve the heat situation.

You keep you advised.

Dom

ARtraveler
06-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Some dealers are just amazing when it comes to their knowledge of the :spyder2: NOT :yikes::yikes:

AH-NO-1
06-13-2015, 06:51 AM
Hi David!
Regarding the horn: check with "Finless". He put one in his 2011, and I think that he even posted a video about it.

Bob Thanks for this information. Would you be able to explain to me how to pull up "Finless". My computer knowledge is very limited. Any help would be a great help. Thanks in advance for this help. Dave

AH-NO-1
06-13-2015, 07:07 AM
Tell them BRP told you ALL 2013 RT's are being recalled there is no need for you to go there (you do have an RT right?) and to order the kit and you will drop it off. I got a similar run around and that is what I did.:thumbup:

My 2013 is a RT Limited. The dealer asked my to drop it off for one day. They would then check to see it was on the recall, and if it was, I could pick it up and they would order "what they needed" and call me when the parts arrived, so they could schedule an appointment for them to do the recall.

Gray Ghost
06-13-2015, 07:14 AM
My 2013 is a RT Limited. The dealer asked my to drop it off for one day. They would then check to see it was on the recall, and if it was, I could pick it up and they would order "what they needed" and call me when the parts arrived, so they could schedule an appointment for them to do the recall.

If the dealership is adamant that they need to check to see if your Spyder is covered, just give them the VIN number. That would be the only thing they would have to check to see that your Spyder is subject to a recall and that it has not had the recall performed on it. You can find the VIN on your swingarm, insurance card, registration, etc.

Bob Denman
06-13-2015, 06:14 PM
Bob Thanks for this information. Would you be able to explain to me how to pull up "Finless". My computer knowledge is very limited. Any help would be a great help. Thanks in advance for this help. Dave
Well; here's one way to find him...
Under the "Community" tab at the top of the screen, you'll find a list of all of the members...
Hit the Tab for the members whose screen names start with "F"; they're sorted alphabetically.
Once you find him, click on his name, and on the left hand side of the screen, you'll see where to hit in order to send a private message to him... :thumbup:

AH-NO-1
06-19-2015, 07:19 PM
Hi David!
Got with finless, got the information from him. I am waiting for my dealer to call they are doing the heat recall. Thanks Dave

AH-NO-1
06-19-2015, 07:23 PM
If the dealership is adamant that they need to check to see if your Spyder is covered, just give them the VIN number. That would be the only thing they would have to check to see that your Spyder is subject to a recall and that it has not had the recall performed on it. You can find the VIN on your swingarm, insurance card, registration, etc.

I went to the dealer, the wrote up the work order, I left the spyder and the said they would call as soon as they completed the work, plus replacing the bad electric switch for the frunk/trunk and bad turn signal switch. - Thanks Dave

AH-NO-1
06-19-2015, 07:25 PM
Well; here's one way to find him...
Under the "Community" tab at the top of the screen, you'll find a list of all of the members...
Hit the Tab for the members whose screen names start with "F"; they're sorted alphabetically.
Once you find him, click on his name, and on the left hand side of the screen, you'll see where to hit in order to send a private message to him... :thumbup:

Thanks you can learn something new everyday-Worked great he sent me the information - Thanks Dave

beuti
06-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Good afternoon All,

I had my recall done this week.

Picked up the trike early this morning, looks nice, 2 small scoops were intalled.

The idea, to force air into the engine bay, too early to tell if the modifications will improve the heat situation.

You keep you advised.

Dom

Where are the scoops installed? Did they have to modify your side panels?
Can you send a picture? I haven't seen mine yet it will be a few weeks before I get to my bike so I'm just curious.

Update
spoke with service they said the scoop panels were not installed on mine due to my graphics and the scoops are not necessary. ...I'm a bit concerned if the repair had been done correctly to avoid changing the painted panels.

Bob Denman
06-22-2015, 06:14 PM
They DO have to open up the inlet on top of the panel...
Robmorg posted a link to the recall instructions; perhaps you should PM him for it's location.

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Update
spoke with service they said the scoop panels were not installed on mine due to my graphics and the scoops are not necessary. ...I'm a bit concerned if the repair had been done correctly to avoid changing the painted panels.
No way do I buy the not necessary bit. Sounds like you may an unpleasant choice to make. That's unfortunate, but that's life.

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-22-2015, 06:44 PM
Where are the scoops installed? Did they have to modify your side panels?
Can you send a picture? I haven't seen mine yet it will be a few weeks before I get to my bike so I'm just curious.
Read through some of the other threads about the recall. Quite a few pictures have already been posted. There's no need to post more.

Magdave
06-23-2015, 10:15 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109175&d=1433881171 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3043&attachmentid=109174)

Bob Denman
06-23-2015, 01:28 PM
Dave,
How is your RT running? :dontknow:
Have you started to feel a bit more confident yet? http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110054&stc=1

Magdave
06-23-2015, 02:52 PM
Dave,
How is your RT running? :dontknow:
Have you started to feel a bit more confident yet? http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110054&stc=1

With 100+ temps not much :mad: That black seat sure gets hot and all the tourist are driving like morons so staying nice and cool is high on my priority list. I really can't take gearing up and riding much above 90deg :dontknow: I dehydrate every 10 miles :thumbup: