PDA

View Full Version : Question, not a complaint

Saluda
06-11-2015, 11:28 AM
Do you feel that the air scoops certain years and models have had added to alleviate heat issues increases drag ? My guess is yes though I'm not sure by how much. Agree or not ?

jcthorne
06-11-2015, 11:52 AM
Do you feel that the air scoops certain years and models have had added to alleviate heat issues increases drag ? My guess is yes though I'm not sure by how much. Agree or not ?

I agree on an academic level but the real world effect on this barn door going down the freeway is pretty small. The bike gets considerably better milage AFTER the recall.

Magdave
06-11-2015, 11:54 AM
In reality the 2013 scoops have less resistance than the OEM flaps that were there. The air flows through them not against and around them.

jcthorne
06-11-2015, 12:09 PM
In reality the 2013 scoops have less resistance than the OEM flaps that were there. The air flows through them not against and around them.

Hmm, had not considered that. Think you may be right.

Bob Denman
06-11-2015, 12:37 PM

Have you seen the original "flaps", on the 2010 RTs? :shocked:
They stuck out even more than the ears on a certain Prince Charles... :yikes:
They changed them for the 2011 model year, and have remained the same ever since.