PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket seat info

roller
06-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Hey everyone, I'm looking at buying another spyder (RSS) and am looking for all the information I can find on aftermarket seats. I'm a chest level paraplegic, didn't have any seat mods on my old GS as back then, there wasn't much available aftermarket.
I'm looking to open the seat upholstery panel under riders ass and replace foam with supracor or similar and replace upholstery panel with a more breathable material, not sure what yet?:shocked: Tried air hawk etc in the past but struggled with the higher riding position.
Also plan on having removable rider back rest, has to be removable as I transfer on to bike and then I lift my rigid wheelchair onto rack at rear. This requires me to slide around on the whole seat, the reason for "removable" backrest.
Any and all information and creative ideas and of course any that enabled riders have already implemented would be gratefully appreciated

cheers,
roller:thumbup:

JerryB
06-11-2015, 12:55 PM
Hi roller,

Re: I'm looking to open the seat upholstery panel under riders ass and replace foam with supracor or similar and replace upholstery panel with a more breathable material, not sure what yet?

Contact MotorCycleDave, he is a sponsor here. He did a custom-build on a seat for me earlier this year.

http://www.motorcycledave.com/

Jerry Baumchen

coz
06-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Check out an st seat. They are already flat and cushy to start with. Good candidate for foam replacement. They can be had fairly cheap, compared to aftermarket seats. I've been using mine with an air hawk for a couple years, not bad.

roller
06-27-2015, 11:14 AM
Check out an st seat. They are already flat and cushy to start with. Good candidate for foam replacement. They can be had fairly cheap, compared to aftermarket seats. I've been using mine with an air hawk for a couple years, not bad.

Hi and thanks. Will it take much modifying to get the RSS to accept the ST seat???

cheers,
roller

DrewNJ
06-27-2015, 03:02 PM
Hi and thanks. Will it take much modifying to get the RSS to accept the ST seat???

cheers,
roller
No mods at all. Bolt on and go.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

coz
06-27-2015, 04:10 PM
No mods at all. Bolt on and go.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk Straight bolt on, perfect fit.:thumbup:

roller
06-28-2015, 09:17 AM
Straight bolt on, perfect fit.:thumbup:

Coz, what type handlebar risers you have on that bike?

Cheers
roller:thumbup:

coz
06-28-2015, 10:26 AM
From custom dynamics. Mine are 4.5 inch black. The silver looks just as good. Pretty easy install.

Rockwall
06-28-2015, 10:30 AM
Look at Hartco Custom Saddles. Love mine and it makes 100% difference on the road.

tofriendscreek
06-30-2015, 07:57 AM
Just a different suggestion here. I had my previous RS and current RT seats modified by Astech. It was very reasonable and was done in a few hours.
http://www.astechseat.com