PDA

View Full Version : Great trip

jwood4242
06-11-2015, 07:45 AM
Returned home yesterday after riding from Indiana to Kerrville TX on my Spyder RS:) :)I know it's as basic as basic can be and it has no special seat and not many extras, it is a v-twin and not a triple. The bike performed beautifully! I rode over 2300 miles in 5 days of travel and my only real disappointment was that I only saw 2 other spyders during the entire trip. One of which belongs to my brother in law in Texas. The other was a beautiful black decked out triple that I saw while we were fueling up near Dallas Tx. He was from Huston and on his way to Alaska. Probably won't make that trip on my RS, haha:)

Anyway, just thought i'd say I just love to ride!

SpyderAnn01
06-11-2015, 08:06 AM
Sounds like you had a good time.

JayBros
06-11-2015, 08:14 AM
It doesn't take a lot of farkles and expense to have fun. Sounds like the Spyder fits you very well as is, thereby sparing you the expense of searching for add-ons to make your rides more comfortable. Be safe!

jwood4242
06-11-2015, 08:22 AM
It doesn't take a lot of farkles and expense to have fun. Sounds like the Spyder fits you very well as is, thereby sparing you the expense of searching for add-ons to make your rides more comfortable. Be safe!

Yes, If I did that trip very many times I would probably upgrade the seat. I just don't want to spend money on something I don't like better that what I have. My goal was to stop for fuel every 140 - 150 miles but found myself stopping every 75 to 100 miles as a rule. especially when ridding in higher temperatures over 90.

ARtraveler
06-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Any ride is a good ride. Sounds to me like you had a great ride.
:spyder2: sightings can sometimes be few and far between--depending on where you are.

Did you take any pictures to share with us?

jwood4242
06-12-2015, 11:14 AM
A couple of Texas pics. Myself on the left, my brother in the middle, and my brother in law on the right while visiting Lugenbach Tx standing in front of my Spyder.
No, the second pic is not my relative but not something I've seen on the streets of Indiana:)

Bob Denman
06-12-2015, 11:17 AM
Glad to hear that your trip was a all-around success!! :clap: :thumbup:
(Next time: please take more pictures...some of us live variously through the experiences of others! :opps:)