PDA

View Full Version : 2013 RT Recall compensation

Magdave
06-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Just got off the phone with my dealers and was informed the recall compensation for work/parts done before the latest one is limited to $150. That barely covers the cost of the adjustable vents I bought and does not cover the other couple hundred I spent. FYI to everyone.:thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-10-2015, 09:31 AM
:shocked: That's not good... :banghead:
I hope that BRP revises this; and soon!

Magdave
06-10-2015, 09:34 AM
...oh and as has previously been stated it is not cash but gift certificate which further diminishes the value considering the mark up on anything Spyder wise.

MRH
06-10-2015, 10:10 AM
Some of this is just so disappointing to hear. I've had generally good service from BRP, which I've really appreciated, but when it comes to the big stuff they just don't want to do anything more than they are forced to.

BRP Cares, if you are listening, and if this information is correct, then you know better and need to do the right thing here. The screw up was your responsibility and you left your customers with no choice but to take legal action or fix the problem on their own because you didn't do it for them. Cover the costs, and reimburse them for the expense. It might mean that you have to add $500 or $1000 to the price of every Spyder to cover the costs of providing great service, and I am as certain as I can be that there will be far, far fewer complaints about that than not stepping up when a problem presents itself.

Everybody here wants to think the best of you, and wants to purchase with confidence. We love our Spyders, and we want to fee the same way about the company who creates them for us.

jcthorne
06-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Just got off the phone with my dealers and was informed the recall compensation for work/parts done before the latest one is limited to $150. That barely covers the cost of the adjustable vents I bought and does not cover the other couple hundred I spent. FYI to everyone.:thumbup:

Things continue to change. I was issued a credit of just over $200 after they disallowed the cat bypass and air cleaner mods.

You should have them credit you for the other mods and just keep the adjustable vents. You can sell them outright.

Magdave
06-10-2015, 10:44 AM
Things continue to change. I was issued a credit of just over $200 after they disallowed the cat bypass and air cleaner mods.

You should have them credit you for the other mods and just keep the adjustable vents. You can sell them outright.

Good thought. You might have been the beneficiary of a good dealer with the extra $50 since it is all handled in house. Everyone else please post any compensation amounts here so we can all be treated fairly. Thanks.

Jeriatric
06-10-2015, 11:17 AM
BRP Cares. The screw up was your responsibility and you left your customers with no choice but to take legal action or fix the problem on their own because you didn't do it for them. Cover the costs, and reimburse them for the expense.

Everybody here want(ed)to think the best of you, and wants to purchase with confidence. We love our Spyders, and we want to feel the same way about the company who creates them for us.

None of this had to happen. It happened because BRP was/is close minded, conducted less than adequate pre production testing, and would not listen to common sense and good reasoning. Instead, they opted to hope the aftermarket heat resolution folks could fix their screw up.

My question to BRP. How did that work out for you?

Taking responsibility for ones mistakes without being forced to speaks volumes.

Saluda
06-10-2015, 12:56 PM
If true, $ 150.00 is nothing for a lot of the people who attempted their own fix. I can understand a limit but not that low.

cuznjohn
06-10-2015, 01:09 PM
brp is spending money on the fix, so do you really think they would spend more money to pay the people what it cost to try and fix their problem. it all comes down to the almighty dollar people. if a company projected to make 1 million dollars over their costs to produce a product. then they only make 9 hundred thousand dollars, the way they feel is that they lost money for the year even if they still made 9 hundred thousand dollar profit. so it doesn't surprise me that they put a on the refund and made it a credit and not a refund.

flamingobabe
06-10-2015, 01:46 PM
Us 2013 ST owners were never compensated for anything....some had to fight tooth and nail to get the panels......some chose to purchase the panels and were compensated for the purchase....but never were we offerd any conpensation for repairs we did to try and fix the heat issues....maybe I need to revisit brp case worker.....all I got to say is fight for what you think is right....

Dan McNally
06-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Well, I guess this answers the question asked here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?82037-What-will-happen

I got a $155 gift certificate from my dealer . . . used it on the spot to buy stuff I would have purchased, anyhow.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
06-10-2015, 02:31 PM
My dealer is upset at the cooperation from brp, they do not support their dealers very well for any type of warranty work.

cuznjohn
06-10-2015, 03:13 PM
they told me they never get enough time to fix any problem on the bike

BRPcare
06-10-2015, 03:15 PM
Just got off the phone with my dealers and was informed the recall compensation for work/parts done before the latest one is limited to $150.

No, this is not accurate. If the dealer supplies proof of the claimed amount (customer invoice, work order, etc.) and attached documents, BRP will guide the dealer through the procedure for compensation, regardless of whether the amount is above $150 or not.

Highwayman2013
06-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Looks like the dealer is full of it.

Magdave
06-10-2015, 03:48 PM
No, this is not accurate. If the dealer supplies proof of the claimed amount (customer invoice, work order, etc.) and attached documents, BRP will guide the dealer through the procedure for compensation, regardless of whether the amount is above $150 or not.
Thanks Steve call Todd at Redline in Conway Sc. I gave him my adjustable vent receipt and copy of the bill for putting DEI reflective heat tape on my tank at their shop. Total cost was $336.

ARtraveler
06-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Looks like the dealer is full of it.

We hear about this a lot. Dealers that do not know or do not wish to assist customers, sometimes go out of their way to blame it all on BRP. I do wonder how many phone conversations with BRP/dealer really did take place.

BRP is not perfect, but I also do not think they are the epitomy of evil either.

Bob Denman
06-10-2015, 05:01 PM
Steve,
Thank you; for stepping into what must have seemed like a difficult thread, and straightening us all out... :clap: :2thumbs:

midnightbreeze50
06-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Hello All, I got the letter also from BRP, about the recal, I called my Dealer Mountain motorsports on Conyers Ga., talked to the service Dept. I LIKE them !!!! Anyway they told me the recall will take about 4 Hrs. but I needed to bring it the day b4 because of the heat, so I told them I would trailor it to them Wednesday cause I gotta work Tuesday nite, any way they also told me they have LIMITED Parts , and that they would have to order them for my bike, this is just a Heads up for the rest of the Spyder Family having to do this, Just to let yall know I have one of the Spyders that does not have heat related issues , every once in a while I get the Dreded hot foot but not often,I am one of the Lucky ones , been on this Forum a couple of years now and Have read of the many Horror stories , BRP needs to step up and Compensate all the Spyder owners 100% for their Mods and their time doing them, our time is worth something , Id rather be riding than working on my Ride, Everyone on this forum is well Versed on their rides , I have gained a lot of knowledge here and I Thankyou all for it, until next time I feel like pecking out a post , y'all RIDE SAFE,

Midnightbreeze, Still Lovin My SPYDER :yes::yes::yes: