PDA

View Full Version : Enlighten Me

OldDog
06-09-2015, 02:53 PM
Please pardon my ignorance. Do the new RT's have edge lit led turn signals in the mirrors?

Magdave
06-09-2015, 02:54 PM
no. You can farkle them in yourself.

PrairieSpyder
06-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Please pardon my ignorance. Do the new RT's have edge lit led turn signals in the mirrors?

Only if you add them. I really like having them. They're easier to see than the indicator on the dash, so I know if they turned off or not.

Edit: Mine are strips of LEDs mounted right above the side mirrors, not "in" in mirrors.

Bob Denman
06-09-2015, 04:52 PM
It's FARKLE TIME!!! :yes::yes::yes:
Wait a minute... :shocked:
Are you focusing on another model now? :2thumbs:

Chupaca
06-09-2015, 04:56 PM
but this way you can choose the ones you like...farkeling is soo much fun...but not cheap:banghead:

SpyderAnn01
06-09-2015, 06:38 PM
I resisted them for 3 years and as soon as I got them I wondered why I hadn't gotten them sooner. Tric-LED sells some.

robmorg
06-09-2015, 07:37 PM
I resisted them for 3 years and as soon as I got them I wondered why I hadn't gotten them sooner. Tric-LED sells some.I also keep wondering why I haven't bothered to add these yet. They just make sense - both for convenience and safety. The ones from TricLED (http://tricled.com/TricLed.com/RT.html) look pretty nice, and are plug-n-play. I probably ought to order these and the new bright daytime running lights for the upper suspension bar at the same time. :sour:

Spyderups
06-09-2015, 08:49 PM

Same as 2012 rts

OldDog
06-09-2015, 10:06 PM
It's FARKLE TIME!!! :yes::yes::yes:
Wait a minute... :shocked:
Are you focusing on another model now? :2thumbs:

Well,Bob, I was in the vicinity of A.S.K. Powersports today and dropped in. I sat on a Cognac ST, a new red and black Special edition RT (sweet), and an F3. Out of those three, I still prefer the ST's fit. It just feels right to me. As I sat on it, I thought these things should have edge lit turn signals and a handbrake (reference thread about what BRP should make stock). My wife was with me, but I could not get her in the store. Her stance on the Spyder hasn't changed, too much money for a toy.:banghead: I'm curious about the future of the RS, the evolution of the ST, and the influence the F3 will have on future RT design.