PDA

View Full Version : 100 deg temp, stuck in Houston traffic, park 2013 RT in garage....

jcthorne
06-04-2015, 05:33 PM
AND NO GAS FUMES! NONE.

Ok, only 30 miles since the recall done but its hot today (actually 92 but air temp sitting in traffic was over 100) and the bike was fine. No fumes riding, no fumes parked and we closed the garage door.

Absolutely amazed so far. Louise has a long group ride planned for Sat and will report back after that.

Oh, and Kevin at Mancuso North could not have been better to deal with. Finally, ONE decent dealer service trip for us. I'll go back.

SpyderAnn01
06-04-2015, 05:37 PM
That's great news!

cuznjohn
06-04-2015, 05:39 PM
glad so far so good, did you feel heat on your foot or any of the Tupperware

Bob Denman
06-04-2015, 06:04 PM
I am SOOOOO glad to hear this from you!! :yes::ohyea::yes: :congrats:

garb55
06-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Glad it seems to be working
No ridding for me today
50 degrees and raining cats and dogs :(

Bensonoid
06-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Just got back from a ride and as I'm reading this mine is sitting outside waiting for fumes and drips to stop. Couldn't hear better news at a better time.

ekfraz
06-04-2015, 07:12 PM
I am happy to hear that the fixed worked for you, I still have to wait a couple more weeks and riding without excess heat and gas fumes will be worth it I guess, I wanted to ride for a couple hundred miles this weekend but I don't need any more burns.

ekfraz
06-04-2015, 07:13 PM
AND NO GAS FUMES! NONE.

Ok, only 30 miles since the recall done but its hot today (actually 92 but air temp sitting in traffic was over 100) and the bike was fine. No fumes riding, no fumes parked and we closed the garage door.

Absolutely amazed so far. Louise has a long group ride planned for Sat and will report back after that.

Oh, and Kevin at Mancuso North could not have been better to deal with. Finally, ONE decent dealer service trip for us. I'll go back.I meant to ask how was the heat on the right side?

Highwayman2013
06-04-2015, 07:15 PM
Glad to hear the fix went well.

Commander
06-04-2015, 07:20 PM
Great to hear, thanks for the report

Chupaca
06-04-2015, 07:26 PM
Have seen a few posts now about the results but all are short rydes. In heat and traffic which is the worst so it is loking good...:thumbup:

jetmech
06-04-2015, 08:15 PM
How was the upper side panel heat and heat coming from the glove box area around the seat?
Any difference in engine temp?
my wife's is scheduled for Monday.

Thanks
Jetmech

AND NO GAS FUMES! NONE.

Oh, and Kevin at Mancuso North could not have been better to deal with. Finally, ONE decent dealer service trip for us. I'll go back.

Dan McNally
06-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Great to hear! My dealer called and told me Topper was ready to pick up . . . going to get it on Saturday!

revjvegas
06-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Good news on the bike.

Is that a new service manager over there?

KennW
06-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Absolutely awesome news particularly the report of such positive results from riding in traffic.
Still waiting to hear back from my dealer about my RT being done but smile on my face is spreading as I'm hearing so much positive feedback. Is it to early to say "thank you" to BRP ???

PrairieSpyder
06-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Glad to hear the good news!! :ohyea:

wetmountainman
06-04-2015, 10:07 PM
AND NO GAS FUMES! NONE.

Would you please post some photos of the new vents?

one2doo
06-04-2015, 10:14 PM
Cool great news. :yes:

jaherbst
06-04-2015, 11:33 PM
Hope everyone else feels the same. Come on over to Tucson for a real test. 107* two days ago. Soon it will be 110-115*.

Jack

Jeriatric
06-05-2015, 12:40 AM
Hope everyone else feels the same. Come on over to Tucson for a real test. 107* two days ago. Soon it will be 110-115*.

Jack

North Vegas, down 95 through Needles and Blythe to home last Sunday and temps ranged 104 to 111.

Summer is on its way.

Bensonoid
06-05-2015, 04:03 AM
Is it to early to say "thank you" to BRP ???
I'm going to give my evap canister time to overload with fuel and start dripping again before I do that.

jcthorne
06-05-2015, 06:15 AM
glad so far so good, did you feel heat on your foot or any of the Tupperware

Side panels are not hot but we had already done a good deal of work in that area with insulation, pipe wrap, air cleaner etc. Our radiator discharge is all straight down, not on the right foot.

jcthorne
06-05-2015, 06:16 AM
I am happy to hear that the fixed worked for you, I still have to wait a couple more weeks and riding without excess heat and gas fumes will be worth it I guess, I wanted to ride for a couple hundred miles this weekend but I don't need any more burns.

Take it to Mancuso North. They have kits on hand. Think they could get to you much sooner than several weeks.

jcthorne
06-05-2015, 06:20 AM
How was the upper side panel heat and heat coming from the glove box area around the seat?
Any difference in engine temp?
my wife's is scheduled for Monday.

Thanks
Jetmech

No change in engine temp but would not expect any, our engine never has run hot, its Louise and I that were hot.

Heat around the glove box is reduced while moving. Still notice some when sitting still but its not much. We are not the ones to compare for body heat as we had already pretty much solved that on our own. The new vents did improve things.

jcthorne
06-05-2015, 06:21 AM

Jack

But its a dry heat....:D

Bob Denman
06-05-2015, 06:55 AM
...So is a pizza oven... :shocked:

donkes
06-05-2015, 06:59 AM
If things get too hot, air condition your bike :roflblack:

Bob Denman
06-05-2015, 07:13 AM
If things get too hot, air condition your bike :roflblack:

Don't laugh; it's been done...

http://entrosys.com/

AZLife
06-05-2015, 11:18 AM
AND NO GAS FUMES! NONE.

Did they give you any problems with installing the new evap canister given the old one was removed?

jetmech
06-05-2015, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the reply.

No change in engine temp but would not expect any, our engine never has run hot, its Louise and I that were hot.

Heat around the glove box is reduced while moving. Still notice some when sitting still but its not much. We are not the ones to compare for body heat as we had already pretty much solved that on our own. The new vents did improve things.

jcthorne
06-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Did they give you any problems with installing the new evap canister given the old one was removed?

Not at all. They expect to see many that way.

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-05-2015, 09:18 PM
its Louise and I that were hot.
Is that in the daytime, or at night!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

R&L Limted
06-19-2015, 08:28 AM
Have not heard how your wifes trike is doing after some ride time?:dontknow:

ARtraveler
06-19-2015, 02:50 PM
Thanks for posting JC. Glad to see good results happening. :thumbup:

JayBros
06-19-2015, 04:02 PM
Thanks for posting JC. Glad to see good results happening. :thumbup:

+1! It's good to hear dealers are turning out good jobs after all the slow rolling and Rube Goldberging you folks have had to go through.