PDA

View Full Version : Dealer map POI

Scoot2Mtns
06-04-2015, 04:06 AM
I must be missing the key word - I sure thought I saw a post in the last six months where someone had a downloadable set of POIs for Syder dealers. I can't find it now using the search feature.

cuznjohn
06-04-2015, 06:54 AM
i have never seen it posted, and if someone had it i doubt it very much if they would say it on here

MEP
06-04-2015, 08:09 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?64874-New-dealer-list-for-Garmin-GPS

BillyBovine provides the link to the file that you are looking for here.

Pennyrick
06-04-2015, 08:21 AM
i have never seen it posted, and if someone had it i doubt it very much if they would say it on here

Why not?

billybovine
06-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Update coming later today or tomorrow.

wyliec
06-04-2015, 09:04 AM

cuznjohn,

What do you think POI is? I need to know; it's probably a good one.

Chupaca
06-04-2015, 10:27 AM

I thought we were talking about Points of Interest....:roflblack::roflblack: maybe not....:spyder:

billybovine
06-04-2015, 10:36 AM
Files updated and posted.

The Garmin gpi file updated. Spyder Dealer list now available also in Garmin gpx and TomTom ov2 file formats.

MikeT
06-04-2015, 11:15 AM
information on SL about going to a Spyder RT, I came across an app called Spyder Codes in 2014. This may be what you are looking for. I don't know the politics of this site; but I understand that the app is no longer supported, and has not been updated beyond version 8.8 by the author. That means the info is at least a year old.
Not sure if I helped you out.

cuznjohn
06-04-2015, 12:09 PM
ok it was early, now i am guessing it is points of interest my bad

jthornton
06-04-2015, 12:25 PM
Files updated and posted.

The Garmin gpi file updated. Spyder Dealer list now available also in Garmin gpx and TomTom ov2 file formats.

How do you use the Garmin gpx file?

Edit: I just followed the link and found complete instructions.

JT

cuznjohn
06-04-2015, 12:35 PM
i was thinking he was looking for the brp buds maps for the bikes

billybovine
06-04-2015, 12:50 PM
How do you use the Garmin gpx file?

Edit: I just followed the link and found complete instructions.

JT

Glad you found it.

jthornton
06-04-2015, 12:52 PM
Glad you found it.

I even figured out how to add a dealer to my favorites, too bad there is not a way to just "see" what dealer is close to you. I guess you need to know their name to add one.

JT

ARtraveler
06-04-2015, 12:52 PM
A current dealer list is probably best obtained from accessing the BRP official website.

Dealers seem to come and go quickly sometimes. For those that are keeping records or apps, it is difficult to update until information gets posted about dealer x or y.

I am guessing that the BRP site is not even perfect--but it should be close. :thumbup:

billybovine
06-04-2015, 01:08 PM
I even figured out how to add a dealer to my favorites, too bad there is not a way to just "see" what dealer is close to you. I guess you need to know their name to add one.

JT

If you use the instructions to copy the gpi file to the poi folder on your garmin. It will create a new menu item under Where To called Spyder Dealers. It will list the closest 52 dealers from closest to farthest. If you copy the gpx file to your garmin the dealers will be added to your Favorites but not in order of distance. If you load the gpx file onto your Garmin using Garmins POI loader program. The dealer list will be under Where To/Extras and will be in order of closest to farthest. Link to POI loader http://www.garmin.com/us/maps/poiloader.

billybovine
06-04-2015, 01:13 PM
A current dealer list is probably best obtained from accessing the BRP official website.

Dealers seem to come and go quickly sometimes. For those that are keeping records or apps, it is difficult to update until information gets posted about dealer x or y.

I am guessing that the BRP site is not even perfect--but it should be close. :thumbup:

The current version of my Spyder Dealers list has all the dealers from the latest gps NA update file on BRP's web site. From which I deleted one that no longer sells Spyders. Added about 10 that are not on BRP's list. Plus my list has the dealers for Australia and New Zealand. I would add other countries if someone gave me the data.