PDA

View Full Version : Belt Squeal Or Vibration BRP Service Memo

Cruzr Joe
06-03-2015, 12:18 PM
OK so it doesn't say anything about vibration but it also helps the vibration, If the belt is grabbing the sprocket and causing a vibration.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108748&stc=1 JUST FOR YOUR INFO.

Cruzr Joe

cuznjohn
06-03-2015, 01:14 PM
i did the same for my brakes squealing, was not a good outcome

Bob Denman
06-03-2015, 01:28 PM
:shocked: Was your screaming even louder, than the squealing of the brakes? :yikes:

Cruzr Joe
06-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Hence his new name "Screaming CuznJohn"

Cruzr Joe

Chupaca
06-03-2015, 02:28 PM
you traded snot for spit...:roflblack: squealing came from a new location and grease won't help there...:roflblack::roflblack: but it does help on the belt...:thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Hence his new name "Screaming CuznJohn"

Cruzr Joe

:shocked: He's THAT one? :bowdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SIaFtAKnqBU

Blade
06-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the information but I don't that will help solve my vibration. I have driven the bike up to 77 MPH and the vibration seems to get worst. I spoke to a service rep who stated because the bike is new that I continue riding and that a little wear of the belt will resolve the vibration issue. Well I am not buying that statement and will be paying the dealer a visit for him to inspect the bike for the vibration. In the meantime, I am not driving over 65 on the Interstate.

Blade

jcasey
06-03-2015, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the information but I don't that will help solve my vibration. I have driven the bike up to 77 MPH and the vibration seems to get worst. I spoke to a service rep who stated because the bike is new that I continue riding and that a little wear of the belt will resolve the vibration issue. Well I am not buying that statement and will be paying the dealer a visit for him to inspect the bike for the vibration. In the meantime, I am not driving over 65 on the Interstate.

Blade
Mine was pretty bad when I first got it but it is getting better with time on it! Almost gone!

Cruzr Joe
06-03-2015, 05:52 PM

Blade

It was just a suggestion that might work and not cost you anything, but if you would rather have it vibrating without trying something, so be it. :dontknow::dontknow:

Xruzr Joe