PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Holder

clinard
06-02-2015, 09:43 PM
If there is no room in your frunk and you don't want to leave your helmet on the seat or hanging on the handle bars maybe this will help. Not as secure as the solid fastners but pretty darn secure.

JerryB
06-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Hi clinard

Re: Not as secure

I believe that people should do as they wish. 40 yrs ago a good friend bought a new motorcycle with a place to secure his helmet, so he did. When he out after finishing lunch he found only the two adjustment rings. Someone decided they wanted his helmet more than he did.

While it really did them little good to cut the chin straps and take the helmet, it was a lesson for me. My helmet goes into the frunk or with me.

YMMV

Jerry Baumchen

clinard
06-03-2015, 12:46 AM
If folks want it they will do what ever. they have to. I trust only one person and that is me. I got paranoid after a friend had his stolen while he was in an restaurant eating lunch. We have to do what makes us feel comfortable

Hi clinard

I believe that people should do as they wish. 40 yrs ago a good friend bought a new motorcycle with a place to secure his helmet, so he did. When he out after finishing lunch he found only the two adjustment rings. Someone decided they wanted his helmet more than he did.

While it really did them little good to cut the chin straps and take the helmet, it was a lesson for me. My helmet goes into the frunk or with me.

YMMV

Jerry Baumchen

Chupaca
06-03-2015, 01:48 AM
No one will know what it is hooked to. I use a cable though the chin protector and grab bar. This keeps the helmet on the seat and photo op people off...:thumbup:

donkes
06-03-2015, 02:55 AM
[QUOTE=JerryB;986466]Hi clinard

Great advice - I get too casual w mine

My helmet goes into the frunk or with me.

WellsboroSpyder
06-03-2015, 04:52 AM
No one will know what it is hooked to. I use a cable though the chin protector and grab bar. This keeps the helmet on the seat and photo op people off...:thumbup:

Hey that's a simple but great ideal.I will be getting a cable lock. We get so tired of coming back to the spyder to find muddy foot prints drug across the seat.:thumbup:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
06-03-2015, 07:11 AM
Hey that's a simple but great ideal.I will be getting a cable lock. We get so tired of coming back to the spyder to find muddy foot prints drug across the seat.:thumbup:

i did this too but i decided to get the lidlox and am very happy with them

bronzeflex42
06-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Nice idea, but i just put mine in the frunk, ;) unless i need the frunk for clothes using the (luggage of course) while going on the long haul, i will take it with me.:clap: