PDA

View Full Version : Arizona bound-LAWS

crazyspyder
06-02-2015, 09:24 PM
hey ya'll living in Arizona- question here!
I read that mcy'es have to have all original exhaust systems. my spyder does not have the cat, will I have problems inspecting or possibly get a ticket . do they physically check ? thanks in advance every one that responds!

NautiBrit
06-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Arizona no longer emission checks motorcycles. It is also very unlikely that they will inspect your bike prior to re-registration. Just take your ownership to the DOT or the AAA office if you're a member and everything will be handled over the counter.

jaherbst
06-02-2015, 11:05 PM
hey ya'll living in Arizona- question here!
I read that mcy'es have to have all original exhaust systems. my spyder does not have the cat, will I have problems inspecting or possibly get a ticket . do they physically check ? thanks in advance every one that responds!

Emission checks are no longer required in Pima Co. (Tucson) Not sure about Phoenix and the rest of the state.

Jack

M109Dreamer
06-03-2015, 01:15 AM
Emussions arent done for MC's in the Phoenix area either.

crazyspyder
06-03-2015, 10:19 AM
Now if i can just ... crapp thats crazy - get thru the registration and tagging 2 new vehicles and my souped up spyder. I did put back my OEM muffler because of decibel requirements . just in case!
thanks a lot every one for their input, much appreciated!
oooh , will be relocating to Casa grande in august of this year- hope to meet new friends!

Mcubed45
06-03-2015, 10:54 AM
I know there are at least two spyders in CG and I live about 20 miles east of there. We can do a couple breakfast rides before summer breaks.

robr32
06-03-2015, 08:24 PM
I know there are at least two spyders in CG and I live about 20 miles east of there. We can do a couple breakfast rides before summer breaks.

I will be removing my CAT soon :yikes:

http://www.meetup.com/Spyder-Ryders-Of-The-Southwest/

Mike on a Trike
06-24-2015, 03:42 PM
Laws? We don't need no steeenking laws! This is Arizona....the wild west.....isn't your six shooter the law? ;)

crazyspyder
06-30-2015, 12:39 AM
the crazyspyder fella has made its long trip and arrived safely in casa grande. saturday 06-27-2015. everything got stuffed (spyder included) into a 26ft uhaul truck that got 5mpg .
AND the truck was towing my ram 1500 . seems like i am washing my vehicles way too often, sand dust everywhere! somebody here holler at me and give me some pointers in
living in this desert type home.

Mike on a Trike
07-06-2015, 02:03 PM
Desert = sand + dust.

If you have a dark color vehicle, you either wash it frequently, or get used to it.

Summer monsoon season is the worst, especially around Phoenix. Large dust clouds get kicked up in front of rainstorms. If you are lucky, it rains heavy and washes most of the dust off. If it rains lightly, it is just enough to leave little mud spots all over the vehicle.

You can seal up your house to keep dust out, but I have not yet found a way to keep dust off the vehicles.

ARtraveler
07-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Desert = sand + dust.

If you have a dark color vehicle, you either wash it frequently, or get used to it.

Summer monsoon season is the worst, especially around Phoenix. Large dust clouds get kicked up in front of rainstorms. If you are lucky, it rains heavy and washes most of the dust off. If it rains lightly, it is just enough to leave little mud spots all over the vehicle.

You can seal up your house to keep dust out, but I have not yet found a way to keep dust off the vehicles.

Washing? Here, we call it the Alaska grunge look. :roflblack:

Pampurrs
07-06-2015, 03:09 PM
They stopped doing emissions here in 2013. I rode my Victory Vision with the cats removed for years with no problem.

Pam

crazyspyder
07-07-2015, 09:17 PM
well now, been here a few weeks. applied for new AZ driver lc. , saving my money for 3 new tags, tagged a couple of scorpions :shocked: . over filled my spyder with oil.
NO job as to date - found sand behind my ears and find myself living mostly inside the house like a house ape...:gaah: ITS crazy -nuts-bananas- maybe in a few weeks more and I will
have adjusted.maybe.
cheers every one and safe riding!

AZF3S
07-08-2015, 04:51 PM
Welcome Crazy....

While not new to AZ (moved here in 84 from MN), I am new to this forum and owning a Spyder. Summers are brutal, dust is thick, and weather is quirky. But from Oct to May, you cannot beat this place. While the desert isn't really scenic as most that live in the green belt would think, it has it's own natural beauty. And there is nothing quite so nice as having Thanksgiving dinner on the patio.

Hope you find this a good home. Hit me up if you're ever up in the west valley.

crazyspyder
07-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Welcome Crazy....

While not new to AZ (moved here in 84 from MN), I am new to this forum and owning a Spyder. Summers are brutal, dust is thick, and weather is quirky. But from Oct to May, you cannot beat this place. While the desert isn't really scenic as most that live in the green belt would think, it has it's own natural beauty. And there is nothing quite so nice as having Thanksgiving dinner on the patio.

Hope you find this a good home. Hit me up if you're ever up in the west valley.

when the weather cools a bit and I am settled in - will throw you a, '' wassup lets ride rock''. thank you for the warm welcome, much appreciate it!:thumbup:

Pampurrs
07-08-2015, 06:56 PM
when the weather cools a bit and I am settled in - will throw you a, '' wassup lets ride rock''. thank you for the warm welcome, much appreciate it!:thumbup:

What color is your Spyder? I'll watch for it. I live in San Tan Valley, not that far from Casa Grande. I ride every day, I don't give a damn how hot it is. I don't ride as long in the summer, but I still ride.

Pam