PDA

View Full Version : How in the world do you replace rear directional lights

Questions
06-02-2015, 07:40 PM
For some reason the right directional light on my 2014 Spyder RT is blinking very fast. It starts normal than after one ortwoblinks it speeds up. I was going to check the directional lights to make sure there is not a filament burned out (I don't think so but thought I would check). Again, I can't find any directions on that. I have ever bought anything I my life that has such a poor operations and maintenance manual, but that's life I suppose. Can anyone give me a layman's guide to checking the RT directional lights?

And yes, I am going to invest in a Can Am maintenance manual. My local dealer has ordered it, but it has not arrived. And there again...... The price is huge!!!!! You woukd think after spending tens of thousands of dollars they would give an owner a set of manuals.

Chupaca
06-02-2015, 07:47 PM
are all the lights working..?? Lamont did post a method to reset the blinking speed on ya'lls spyders. If the four way is working and the turn signals as well that may be all you need to do. You will have to search it if no one posts it here. I don't remember cause it doesn't work on our models...:banghead:

tigerdr
06-02-2015, 08:07 PM
Try the following procedure:

1 - Turn key on
2 - Press & hold hazard button for 30 sec
3 - Cluster will flash one time at the end of 30 sec
4 - Reset is complete

blacklightning
06-02-2015, 09:05 PM
Try the following procedure:

1 - Turn key on
2 - Press & hold hazard button for 30 sec
3 - Cluster will flash one time at the end of 30 sec
4 - Reset is complete
I will have to give this a try. My blinker started doing the same thing after installing the 3rd. brake light and turn single. Not sure why this would happen, but I have heard that this method would work. Now to give it a try.

Questions
06-02-2015, 09:08 PM
Thank you to everyone. I wish there was one place with all of these cool fixes.

Again, thank you from wild wonderful WV

Highwayman2013
06-02-2015, 09:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpuEqpiTm4M

pitzerwm
06-02-2015, 09:47 PM
For some reason the right directional light on my 2014 Spyder RT is blinking very fast. It starts normal than after one ortwoblinks it speeds up. I was going to check the directional lights to make sure there is not a filament burned out (I don't think so but thought I would check). Again, I can't find any directions on that. I have ever bought anything I my life that has such a poor operations and maintenance manual, but that's life I suppose. Can anyone give me a layman's guide to checking the RT directional lights?

And yes, I am going to invest in a Can Am maintenance manual. My local dealer has ordered it, but it has not arrived. And there again...... The price is huge!!!!! You woukd think after spending tens of thousands of dollars they would give an owner a set of manuals.

A better manual is on Ebay, $30